Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony

Junior Poster

Default Re: Casey Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Well Said GH. Not much to add except I see she had a new hairdo in court today. Probably trying to solicit her first shot of cock in nearly 3 years. She need look no further than here on HA... no doubt she's have more than a few volunteers! LMAO Man...if there was ever a case to be made for mandatory sterilization....this sick bitch would be it.

I feel like the the public got collectively fucked by this tribe of
    dysfunctional liars and scam artists who lied to each other, the cops, and to the jurors. They told lies to cover other lies..I wish all of them nothing but agony and toil for as long as they consume air.
    That is incredibly sad.

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

Everyone can sign that. It will become a felony for anyone to not report a missing child in a timely fashion.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Jurors have a responsibility to 'connect the dots' in a criminal trial. They can't have this standard of proof be that someone had to SEE Casey Anthony kill her child.

Circumstantial evidence when it's overwhelming is enough to convict in most cases.

No mother lies for 31 days about the accidental swimming death of their child, who is then found to have been dumped in a swamp less than 10 blocks from her parent's house.

Before Casey Anthony accused her father of helping to cover up the alleged drowning of her child, Casey and her defense team were floating the theory that Casey's ex-fiance was involved in Caylee's disappearance.

Everyone who opened the trunk of Casey Anthony's car after Casey disappeared all said it smelled like a decomposing body.

It's bizarre to me how so many people, especially the jurors, found it in their hearts and minds to give a pathological liar like Casey Anthony the benefit of the doubt when she's lied since the beginning in this case.

She has NO CREDIBILITY, therefore any theory she offers about Casey dying from an accidental drowning is not to be believed.

Caylee Anthony found in a swamp, duct taped and dumped in a plastic bag, should have been enough to convince reasonable people that Casey was at least guilty of child neglect and aggravated child abuse.

The jurors applied reasonable doubt to every single argument made by the prosecution, all the physical evidence discovered by the Orlando detectives and FBI.

The 80+ searches for chloroform on Casey's computer, etc, nothing mattered to these jurors.

They hardly took notes in this trial and decided in 10 hours this nutty bitch maybe didn't kill her child.

Possibly the biggest group of idiots to ever serve on a jury in a criminal case.
    I respect what you say, but please take the race issues out of this conversation. Race had nothing to do with this woman being acquitted, it is simply Jose Baez exposing the flaws in the system.

If you actually think white people can get away with murder because the color of their skin then you have your head stuck up your ass. It may have had more to do with it being a woman than anything else and Jose Baez was able to get the jury to feel compassion towards the young woman.

The jury ate that shit up but to say a young black woman with the same circumstances would've been convicted is just entirely ignorant.

Look at Tom Capano. He was convicted of murder and sent to prison. All they had was a brother who testified against him saying he saw something. He was a white man.

I feel sorry for you if your that big of an ignoramus. But then again you don't care who uses the word faggot, just as long as they don't say n*gger. I see where your heads at.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Speaking of Honkys, lily White Scott Peterson got the upgrade to Death Row with mainly a lotta lotta circumstantial evidence.

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Who said there is no such thing as the perfect crime. We throw people in jail for the most stupid fucking things, but killiers go free. Our justice system sucks.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Who said there is no such thing as the perfect crime. We throw people in jail for the most stupid fucking things, but killiers go free. Our justice system sucks.
    It's not perfect but how would you improve the judicial system? I really, really hate that Caylee will never get justice. But the walk on the charge isn't the worst thing. The most villainous people in the courtroom will actually make money because a 2 year old was killed. But still, when I take a deep breath, I realize that our system is much more just than many other countries have.

I see Casey and her mafioso legal team are very happy she's going to be free soon, never mind her two-year-old baby daughter met a horrible end. She's even let her hair down. I'm willing to bet she won't bother to visit her daughter's grave when she's released.

The jury failed Cailee miserably. I'd rather kill myself than be in the jury's shoes.

I'd like to discuss the child molestation allegations against the father. The parents worked both sides to save their daughter's life. Is there any chance that the father was co-operative and knew Baez was going to say that planning on denying it when he takes the stand? It certainly helps muddy the waters more and, at least, pulls the needle out of Casey's arm out of sympathy.

Who paid Baez's fee also?

I've been following this thread without commenting so far, as it's very clear that this case has aroused huge passions and it might be unwise to enter the fray. So please let me give you an objective outsider's overview.

There isn't that much wrong intrinsically with your legal system per se. The problem I see from the outside is the ridiculous level of access and opportunity that the media have to speculate and comment, and whip up a level of hysteria which seems to make it almost impossible for anyone to receive a genuinely fair, or at least objectively judged, trial.

A lot of what the press and TV have been able to report openly in this case would constitute contempt of court over here in the UK, to the extent that the defendant might have been acquitted simply on the basis that the media had destroyed the circumstances in which a fair trial could take place.

The jury did their job, assessing the evidence as presented in court by the defence and the prosecution. You may not like their decision, but it's wrong to say that they didn't do what was asked of them within the strict terms of their remit. If you allow speculation and rumour to enter their deliberations you may as well do away with the jury system and revert to lynch law, which, to square the circle, is what is happening via the media and to a large extent, if you'll forgive me, in this thread.

As usual, the errors which led directly and indirectly to the not guilty verdict were committed primarily by the prosecution team and the police. Not the jury, nor the defence.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I've been following this thread without commenting so far, as it's very clear that this case has aroused huge passions and it might be unwise to enter the fray. So please let me give you an objective outsider's overview.

There isn't that much wrong intrinsically with your legal system per se. The problem I see from the outside is the ridiculous level of access and opportunity that the media have to speculate and comment, and whip up a level of hysteria which seems to make it almost impossible for anyone to receive a genuinely fair, or at least objectively judged, trial.

A lot of what the press and TV have been able to report openly in this case would constitute contempt of court over here in the UK, to the extent that the defendant might have been acquitted simply on the basis that the media had destroyed the circumstances in which a fair trial could take place.

The jury did their job, assessing the evidence as presented in court by the defence and the prosecution. You may not like their decision, but it's wrong to say that they didn't do what was asked of them within the strict terms of their remit. If you allow speculation and rumour to enter their deliberations you may as well do away with the jury system and revert to lynch law, which, to square the circle, is what is happening via the media and to a large extent, if you'll forgive me, in this thread.

As usual, the errors which led directly and indirectly to the not guilty verdict were committed primarily by the prosecution team and the police. Not the jury, nor the defence.
    I agree on the volume of information we get over here. I don't know how they find jurors in high profile cases that are completely out of the loop and have no strong opinions.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post

Why is it so impossible to believe a jury could simply be INCOMPETENT???

There were several reports than most of the jurors took NO NOTES during court testimony, and despite the hours of forensic testimony and scientific arguments given in court by the prosecution, these jurors recessed after final statements and came back with a verdict in less than half a day.

Juror #4, the nurse, said she simply found it more PLAUSIBLE that Casey Anthony's daughter died accidentally rather than Casey chloroforming her own kid, stashing her in the back of her car and later burying her in a swamp!!!

So why the hell in open court was it revealed AND confirmed that Casey borrowed a shovel from her parent's house in the days following the last time Caylee's grandparents saw her alive??

I admit it's possible the prosecution may have had a greater chance for a successful conviction had they not pursued the death penalty, and only sought a 2nd degree murder conviction, but IMO if these jurors had applied a little bit of logic, common sense AND additionally factored in the forensic evidence, ( the chloroform 'hit' from the trunk of Casey's car, the state in which Caylee's body was found), it would not have taken those jurors that big a leap to reach murder 1.

One medical examiner testifying for the prosecution summed it up best, duct tape found over the mouth and nose is typically evidence of a homicide, duct tape that was the same type taken from Caylee's parent's house(!!).

Why would a NORMAL PERSON place duct tape over the mouth/nose of a toddler who 'died' from an accidental drowning, then bury them, repeatedly lie about their whereabouts and deliberately make their death look like a MURDER??

This is the logical, legal deduction jurors are supposed to make in a criminal case.

Instead these peanut-brains decided to believe the defense 'expert' who theorized the duct tape was taken from Casey's parent's house and placed on Caylee's skull AFTER her remains were found!! WTF???

The defense was lobbing shit burgers to the jury gallery and those idiots were swallowing them whole.

This case was won by the defense during the jury selection phase of this trial.