I used to live in the SoCalShemale room on AOL. And it probably would have still been used today, if not for AOL's attempt at becoming Facebook. I had a friend who worked at their Virginia campus, and he said when they started ditching the old profiles, and moved towards the Bebo format, a lot of people just decided they didn't want to have to deal with re-creating profiles, posting pictures, and having to respond to posted messages. There was also a change to the chat-room format, they rearranged some boards, limited access to others, and made age-restricted ones hidden. So if you had accidentally turned on the age restrictions (which was checked by default) when you updated to the new version and had to agree to a new end user agreement, you couldn't even find half of the rooms. It also had the unfortunate timing of being after MySpace, where a lot of people flocked to, and just around the start of Facebook being rolled out beyond college campuses in 2007.

By 2008, nobody really used it anymore, except a small few. I still had a hookup or two come from it in around 2009. But shortly after, there was nobody left on there.

Scorpeo. I still cringe every time I see that. I used to actually chat with the ladies in the rooms, and all the horny punters who couldn't be bothered reading a profile would harass the hell out of me.