Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: GOP Endangers America's Future for Political Gain

I answered dippy. Google the 4 trillion and that get you the details your after. Raise tax levels to those prevalent in the Reagan and Clinton years. After those decades we had a ten year surplus which your man W blew away single handedly.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

I once heard a line about debating with fundamentalists and I think it applies pretty well to Dippy.
    Arguing with Dippy is about as productive as playing chess with a pigeon: it knocks over the pieces, shits on the board and then flies back to its perch to declare victory.

This debate has so far been focused pretty well exclusively on what might happen in the US.

I wonder if the proud representatives of the GOP have considered that if the US were to default, or if there was a major run on the dollar, it could all too easily tip the fragile economic recovery of the entire global financial system over the edge and back into a worse recession than we've just been though?

And before you come back with the usual fuck the rest of you stuff, just consider this. If it does happen, the Republicans will be handing financial and political hegemony on a plate to the Chinese. Forever. You will never be the world's superpower again.

Hooray, we fucked Obama. Yep, and you fucked yourselves as well.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

I'll embrace our new chinese overlords.
    I'll miss google, though

5 Star Poster

Maybe if America gets rid of it's free trade policy and builds up it's own industries and penalises imports things might improve

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I wonder if the proud representatives of the GOP have considered that if the US were to default, or if there was a major run on the dollar, it could all too easily tip the fragile economic recovery of the entire global financial system over the edge and back into a worse recession than we've just been though?
    If we could get one point straight it would be helpful. This is not a "GOP" issue, the majority of the leadership behind spending reduction is Tea Party. The limp wrist'ed GOP is loosing power on a daily basis. We finally have an elected set of individuals that are actually doing what they promised in the election.

And the US will not default on any of its obligations, that is as long as its president does not allow it. But that is his decision alone, he has far enough revenue to pay all of our outstanding debts/services. What he will not have is our hard earned money to give away in social spending, and a continued bloated government. If you do not like that fact, for God's sake get your ass out and vote. (Or if you happen to be abroad.. with all due respect.. STFU)

Once again lets look at the fine example of Indiana, and the progressives are silent.. hmmm

Last edited by Faldur; 07-18-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beandip View Post
    Yea, never let the facts get in the way of hyperbole you useless waste of oxygen.
    You sir, are a breath of fresh air..

And the "idiot-ology", (to steal a quote from Trish), continues. If the US defaults on anything it will be a direct result of this presidents CHOICE. There is more than enough revenue, (read tax income), to cover all of the US critical payments.

But of coarse we are all too STUPID to understand this...

Last edited by Faldur; 07-18-2011 at 05:17 PM.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Last edited by Faldur; 07-18-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

So if you can't destroy America with your inane fiscal policy, then you advocate open revolt. How patriotic of you...not. Extremist...yes. You do know that 75% of the people in your own party want to see a tax hike as well as spending cutbacks?

Last edited by trish; 07-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.