Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: GOP Endangers America's Future for Political Gain

Once again.
    1) You want to see America default on its debts.
    2) You want to see our bond rating drop.
    3) You don't care if the stock market crashes.
    4) You won't mind if job growth is further depressed for years.
    5) You don't give a shit if people have no safety net, health insurance or functioning schools, local and State governments.

It's worth it to stop "irresponsible spending." Doesn't that strike you as a bit irresponsible, given that Obama already offered to trim spending on government programs by $4,000,000,000,000.00 and was turned down because he want to increase revenues as well? You guys aren't really worried about spending, you're just slaves to an idiot-ology.

Last edited by trish; 07-15-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

It's Over Johnny, for the increasingly dysfunctional GOP. Americans are tired of GOP intransigence on taxes and want to see a solution that decreases government spending and increases taxes on the wealthy.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148472/De...Tax-Hikes.aspx

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Once again.
    1) You want to see America default on its debts.
    2) You want to see our bond rating drop.
    3) You don't care if the stock market crashes.
    4) You won't mind if job growth is further depressed for years.
    5) You don't give a shit if people have no safety net, health insurance or functioning schools, local and State governments.

It's worth it to stop "irresponsible spending." Doesn't that strike you as a bit irresponsible, given that Obama already offered to trim spending on government programs by $4,000,000,000,000.00 and was turned down because he want to increase revenues as well? You guys aren't really worried about spending, you're just slaves to an idiot-ology.
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes
    6) Yes (one for good measure)

What is so hard to understand about that? I think its a "YES"..

Good, we have it on record that you admit you're attempting to be responsible by being five times more irresponsible.

A big YES to "idiot-ology".

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I thought that on Faldur's deficit thread we -on both sides of the Atlantic- had tried to find some practical measures to deal with this, and I still find it hard to believe that certain people -in Washington DC- have placed their political careers above sensible policies -yes, you are in a hole and its probably a good idea to stop digging, but its a hole, not a grave. So many brains, so much capital, such little imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    but its a hole, not a grave.
    You make a good point Stavros, but I think our opinion differs on the severity of our current situation. IMHO were a stage 4 cancer patient, and unfortunately the treatment is not going to be pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    A big YES to "idiot-ology".
    Really?

"Now, people when I say that look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?'" Biden said. "The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you."

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy".

“AFTER YEARS OF HISTORIC DEFICITS, THIS 110th CONGRESS WILL COMMIT ITSELF TO A HIGHER STANDARD; PAY-AS-YOU-GO, NO NEW DEFICIT SPENDING. OUR NEW AMERICA WILL PROVIDE UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS, NOT BURDEN THEM WITH MOUNTAINS OF DEBT.” …Nancy Pelosi, 2007

Raising the debt ceiling is not NEW deficit spending, it's simply acting responsibly and paying the bills. Yes, we need to cut spending; but we also need to increase revenues, eliminate loopholes (like the tax loophole for company jets), and meet our social as well as economic commitments.

Really?
    Just quoting you, spud.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~