Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default economic refugees

Do you think its alright that people claim refugee status and say it's thru persecution but it's really because the country has a strong social welfare system and lots of support programs designed for its citizens.It then may clog up the hospital system,public housing system and generally increase the strain on the welfare system

live with honour

5 Star Poster

Default Re: economic refugees

i expect to be lynched over this topic lol

live with honour

I think he's talking about Sydney

I decided to leave the crucifix at home, and shall only say what will be, will be....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

If it's true that Sydney's "support systems" are designed for citizens alone, then non-citizens can't claim the benefits, right? So how can it be that non-citizens are a strain on those systems?

On the other hand, if Sydney's "support systems" are designed to be more inclusive, then it's not unfair for non-citizens (who meet the requirements) to expect help.

It seems you believe that Australian officials are being hoodwinked by immigrants who claim to be refugees of political or religious persecution when in fact they aren't. Why do you think your own countrymen are so easily snowed?

BTW. Just how good are your "support systems?" Transgenders aren't always very welcome here in the U.S. Maybe I'll go to Australia and scarf up on all those delicious economic benefits that, according to you, the refugees there seem to enjoy. It should be easy for me to convince your officials that I'm being persecuted here, right?

Put another shrimp on the Bar-B for me mate.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Put another shrimp on the Bar-B for me mate.
    Pmsl G-Day mate make that 2 shrimp instead sport

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    Do you think its alright that people claim refugee status and say it's thru persecution but it's really because the country has a strong social welfare system and lots of support programs designed for its citizens.It then may clog up the hospital system,public housing system and generally increase the strain on the welfare system
    give us a little more info russta...are you referring to your country?
    Growing tired of the influx of those seeking "political asylum" ?

5 Star Poster

yes it is my country where there is a lot of controversy because these illegal boat people stop the genuine refugees from getting here and they are causing trouble[riots] when they arrive

live with honour

Exclamation 8 out of the 12 baby's born in the USA or born to illegal

8 out of the 12 baby's born in the USA or born to illegal

laws now or focusing on having no automatic citizen ship for kids born to parents of illegals

http://www.theamericanresistance.com...or_babies.html

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-1062069/

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEA...OPULATION4.jpg

County’s Monthly Welfare Tab for Illegal Aliens $52 Million/month

As the mainstream media focuses on a study that reveals a sharp decline in the nation’s illegal immigrant population, monthly welfare payments to children of undocumented aliens increased to $52 million in one U.S. county alone.

The hoopla surrounding last week’s news that the annual flow of illegal immigrants into the U.S. dropped by two-thirds in the past decade overlooked an important matter; the cost of educating, incarcerating and medically treating illegal aliens hasn’t decreased along with it, but rather skyrocketed to the tune of tens of billions of dollars annually.

Those figures don’t even include the extra millions that local municipalities dish out on welfare payments to the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants, commonly known as anchor babies. In Los Angeles County alone that figure increased by nearly $4 million in the last year, sticking taxpayers with a whopping $52 million tab to provide illegal immigrants’ offspring with food stamps and other welfare benefits for just one month.

About a quarter of the county’s welfare and food stamp issuances go to parents who reside in the United States illegally and collect benefits for their anchor babies, according to the figures from L.A. County’s Department of Social Services. Nationwide, Americans pay around $22 billion annually to provide illegal immigrants with welfare perks that include food assistance programs such as free school lunches in public schools, food stamps and a nutritional program (known as WIC) for low-income women and their children

http://www.themoralliberal.com/2010/...ns-52-million/

Hispanics "accounted for more than one-half of all US population growth."

America's going non-white! It's been long reported that the U.S. is projected to be minority-majority by 2042. Now researchers from Cornell and the University of New Hampshire say, "for America's children and youth, that future is here already": In the Census year that ended in July of 2008, 48 percent of the children born in the U.S.A. were from minority-group parents.
    The growth is mainly among Hispanic parents. Between 2000 and 2008, says the report by Professors Kenneth Johnson and Daniel Lichter, Hispanics "accounted for more than one-half of all US population growth."

Also, while the nation's African-American population is still "concentrated disproportionately in the largest and oldest US central cities," Hispanics are spreading to the hinterlands; the report says the Hispanic population "is dispersing rapidly -- though selectively -- from traditional gateway cities in the Southwest," not only to surrounding suburbs, but also "rapidly in many rural parts of Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, North Carolina, and Georgia."

Professors Johnson and Lichter suggest the growth is due to an influx of fertile Hispanic women. They're having an average of 2.99 babies apiece, while white women are having 1.87.

Please show this report to an old bigot near you. Then play 'em some Black Flag!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...nic_kids_4.php

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archi

Last edited by natina; 06-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Do you really think that a fit 25 year old wakes up one day and thinks to himself, what shall I do today? I know, sell everything I own and take out a loan from a dodgy geezer, to pay another dodgy geezer $5,000 to sit in a barely-seaworthy boat and drift a thousand miles with a bottle of water and a cheese sandwich, over shark-infested waters with a 75% chance of being eaten alive, just to start a new life in Australia...? Yes, I know there have been cases of 'refugees' being washed up on shore clean shaven, in freshly ironed shirts...but most are desperate. I know too that a lot are not genuine refugees, but to put your life on the line like that is hardly part of a cynical plot.

Australia advertises itself as God's Country; sun-kissed beaches; the Blue Mountains; Sports, Sex and Sydney; Koalas and Kangaroos..I guess it doesn't advertise forest fires, floods, clouds of black flies, venomous spiders, crime syndicates, and all the other perils of modern life. The assumption, still, is that Australia is under-populated and overflowing with opportunities to work, and that if you keep your nose clean you can do well, just like America. Is it their fault if the government doesn't have an efficient and fair system for sorting out the people in need from the people on the take? Most often, be it Australia or the UK, the system is what needs reforming, not the immigrants...if you wake up tomorrow and find yourself an ambitious 25 year old in Mogadishu, what are your options?