Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

lies and drivel? I didn't know McCain, Hegel, Rumsfield and one of the Generals in Iraq were with Moveon. wow.

LOL

FK

Professional Poster

I dont remember the Honorable John Murtha posting on there either..

"The U.S. cannot accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily. It is time to bring them home," Rep. John P. Murtha said.

Do you REALLY think he doesnt know what hes talking about, with his credentials????

pfff.....

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Bravo, J !

Right on point, and refusing to pull any intellectual punches, as usual.
    So that is what we refer to it as now? Riiiiiiiiight

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    You're gonna have to wait for a few more days. MoveOn.org is closed for the holidays. As soon as they publish their latest lies and drivel, chefmike and felicia will promptly post.
    Difference: Felicia supports her arguments with material not derived from George-Soros' little cabal, and she's more articulate. Chefmike's just another fanatical believer-if he was on the other side of the aisle, he'd get his info from G.Gordon and Ollie North and be just as obnoxious about it.

Personally, I'm hoping the Dems get their head out their fourth point of contact in 2008 and put up a platform that actually addresses some issues with a candidate who's more than "Not Bush". When things are too one-sided, they rapidly degenerate into a march toward tyranny and penury.

December, thank you for the props. I think the Democrats have a good platform, and hope they have a strong candidate. But I worry that anyone they put up will be Swiftboated by the right. As the last election demonstrated and some of the posts here confirm, saying something often enough and loudly enough is more important that saying something truthful enough.

FK

People tend to forget that John Kerry walked away from the last election with the second largest popular vote for President ever, substantially surpassing Reagan's landslide in 1984. The sad part was that Bush managed to capture even more votes, but if the election were held today I think the result would be quite different.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    People tend to forget that John Kerry walked away from the last election with the second largest popular vote for President ever, substantially surpassing Reagan's landslide in 1984. The sad part was that Bush managed to capture even more votes, but if the election were held today I think the result would be quite different.
    so true.... ;~)

"Don’t like my women single, I like my chicks in two's
    And these days all the girls is down to roll
    I hit the strip club and all them bitches find a pole"

Veteran Poster

What has john kerry done, before or since the election. Name me one bill he has authored that has been passed. How 'bout your shining knight john(who) edwards? You'd lose again, because when you shut the curtain to vote, people are gonna vote their pocketbook and their security. A splintered, ineffective, lost again democrat party can't give us anything.

Platinum Poster

Senate Passes Two John Kerry Amendments for Troops

Kerry’s Amendments Will Increase Death Benefit; Extend Housing for Survivors

"We can make Washington work for the military families who sacrifice for our freedom"
    Washington, D.C. -- The Senate today passed two amendments authored by John Kerry from his Military Family Bill of Rights to help the families of America’s troops. One amendment will allow families to stay in military housing for a full year after the death of a spouse. The other will enable all military families to receive $500,000 in total death benefits when a loved one dies in service to America.

Both amendments are part of John Kerry’s continued fight for a comprehensive Military Family Bill of Rights. They are now part of the defense supplemental bill being voted on by the Senate this week.

“We have to support our troops in both word and deed. These amendments are a crucial start. I've heard from thousands of military families and their loved ones who want to see their government honor them not just in speeches, but in actions. Today marks a victory for their faith that when push comes to shove, we can hold leaders accountable and make Washington work for the military families who sacrifice for our freedom,” Kerry said.

After introducing his amendments yesterday and emailing military families across the country, John Kerry's office was flooded with more than 2,200 e-mails from troops and their families with their personal stories about the need for these common-sense changes. To make the case for his Military Family Bill of Rights amendments and push the Senate to act, John Kerry read some of their personal stories on the Senate floor.

Increase Survivors’ Death Benefit

Families of those killed in action currently receive $12,420 to supplement whatever insurance they may have purchased. More than a year ago, Senator Kerry proposed increasing the benefits paid to surviving military families to $500,000 through existing insurance benefits and an increase in the death gratuity.

The Administration recently proposed a formula to reach $500,000, but would limit the $100,000 death gratuity portion of it to only those who die in a designated combat zone. Kerry’s amendment will provide the increased death gratuity to any service member who loses their life while on active duty, regardless of where they fall.

“We do right by our fallen police officers and firefighters, whose families receive $275,000, and it’s time we did the same for our soldiers. No one can ever put a price on a lost loved one, but we should do everything we can to help families put their lives back together,” said Kerry.

Flexibility in Military Family Housing

Currently, survivors of those killed in action must move out of military housing in 180 days. For those with young children, that can mean starting a school year in one state and finishing it in another. Kerry’s amendment will give survivors the option to keep their military housing and housing allowance for a full year.

# # #

Veteran Poster

Flooded with 2,200 e-mails????????