Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

Default The Truth About the Economy

Enjoy:

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Default Re: The Truth About the Economy

The truth is the oil and gas takeover plan hasn't gone as smoothly as predicted and lots of us have built up a massive credit debt with China, but no worries we are in talks with the Tali and Iraq is settling down nicely, so its onwards and upwards to finish off Libya and do away with Syria then back round to Iran unless they get nukes in which case we'll have to do the subtle attack and hey ho we'll have carved up that middle east good and proper

Thank you George Sorros for that amazing pile of steaming crap.. The sad part is there actually people who will believe it.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The sad part is, it's true...and certain stuck-in-the mud, conservtive idiot-logues don't believe it. Nice clip 'gonzo.

Last edited by trish; 06-21-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Thank you George Sorros for that amazing pile of steaming crap.. The sad part is there actually people who will believe it.

What is sad is the majority probably think as you do, or just plain don't care,
    allowing the ruling elite to carry on monopolising ignore at your peril, because the good days are fast disappearing, if the ignorant don't start to wake up then we are all screwed.......................

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety View Post
    What is sad is the majority probably think as you do, or just plain don't care,
    allowing the ruling elite to carry on monopolising ignore at your peril, because the good days are fast disappearing, if the ignorant don't start to wake up then we are all screwed.......................
    What is sad is anyone who would believe anything they read or hear without fact checking it. Take this guys points one by one and you see its distorted, disingenuous, or factually inaccurate.

The National average wage index for the last 10 years has increased by 50%. Thats barely increasing? Thats 26% growth in 10 years after inflationary adjustments.

Capitol gains is only taxed at 15%? Maybe he should have included the fact that that is ONLY long-term CGT. The current rate on short-term CGT is 33%. Small fact to leave out.

Last edited by Faldur; 06-21-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    What is sad is anyone who would believe anything they read or hear without fact checking it. Take this guys points one by one and you see its distorted, disingenuous, or factually inaccurate.

The National average wage index for the last 10 years has increased by 50%. Thats barely increasing? Thats 26% growth in 10 years after inflationary adjustments.

Capitol gains is only taxed at 15%? Maybe he should have included the fact that that is ONLY long-term CGT. The current rate on short-term CGT is 33%. Small fact to leave out.

Big Errrmm my post was not actually in reference to the video, and if everything is as great as you claim, then what about the massive credit debt owed to China, and where did you get your figures as i am not American so i would like to check???????

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Hey Faldur, in what year did you get your Nobel Prize in economics?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hey Faldur, in what year did you get your Nobel Prize in economics?
    Lol, I got a good chuckle out of that one. But am I not qualified considering the recipient of the current Peace Prize?

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety View Post
    Big Errrmm my post was not actually in reference to the video, and if everything is as great as you claim, then what about the massive credit debt owed to China, and where did you get your figures as i am not American so i would like to check???????
    Well if you would like to see my opinion of spending and debt look up the thread on "60 minutes = $188 million in new debt", there should be no doubt of my opinion on that.

If you want to see the "National wage average index", google that exact phrase and include "by year". It will get you to the government page that has all the statistics. If you want "Capitol Gains Tax Rate 2011", google it and you will see the charts. Try googling "Education spending by federal, state and local by year" to see the absurd amount of money that is increased in education spending each year. We don't have a spending problem when it comes to education, we have a union problem. For fun google "Tax Revenues by year" and look how revenues have gone up every year except for 2009 even though we extended the Obama tax cuts.

I stand on my original statement, the man's video is a heaping pile of shit.

Faldur A. Alderberry Nobel Economist 2011