Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: black man finds out he is not african;no african DNA

I have been thinking of doing DNA testing through
    http://www.africanancestry.com/ to see what country
    in Africa my ancestors were from.

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    All humans have African ancenstry if you go back far enough. What a pointless story... :/
    Yeah, so I guess there's no such thing as race, and we are all one big family. Right.....

Here in the real world, at least the part that is in the US, race matters a lot more than we'd like to think.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dgs925 View Post
    Yeah, so I guess there's no such thing as race, and we are all one big family. Right.....

Here in the real world, at least the part that is in the US, race matters a lot more than we'd like to think.
    It only matters as much as we think it does.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    It only matters as much as we think it does.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice stated "The United States still has trouble dealing with race because of a national "birth defect" that denied black Americans the opportunities given to whites at the country's very founding."

"Black Americans were a founding population," she said. "Africans and Europeans came here and founded this country together — Europeans by choice and Africans in chains. That's not a very pretty reality of our founding."

As a result, Miss Rice told editors and reporters at The Washington Times, "descendants of slaves did not get much of a head start, and I think you continue to see some of the effects of that."

"That particular birth defect makes it hard for us to confront it, hard for us to talk about it, and hard for us to realize that it has continuing relevance for who we are today," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee View Post

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice stated "The United States still has trouble dealing with race because of a national "birth defect" that denied black Americans the opportunities given to whites at the country's very founding."

"Black Americans were a founding population," she said. "Africans and Europeans came here and founded this country together — Europeans by choice and Africans in chains. That's not a very pretty reality of our founding."

As a result, Miss Rice told editors and reporters at The Washington Times, "descendants of slaves did not get much of a head start, and I think you continue to see some of the effects of that."

"That particular birth defect makes it hard for us to confront it, hard for us to talk about it, and hard for us to realize that it has continuing relevance for who we are today," she said.

That's a very important and largely unrecognised fact. I never thought I'd be applauding Condoleeza Rice - ok, she was the only acceptable face of the Bush regime - but I do wholeheartedly on this occasion.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee View Post

To be honest, I think calling the problem a 'birth defect' undermines our responsibility and our level of control over it.

We're not talking about some horrible natural disaster, or some genetic disease! We're talking about our own attitude.

We should be in complete control of this; and as much as I recognise that there are still strong racial prejudices at work in the world today, thankfully they diminish with each passing generation...

Black, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, Blue....It doesn't frickin' matter!!! We all bleed RED!!!