Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Big Mac -Guilty Pleasure?

Most of you will have seen this record-breaking consumption of Big Macs on the news: How this guy is still alive I dont know, maybe he should donate his body -or at least his colon- to science after his death.

But hands up who hasn't -just occasionally- eaten one...with large fries...I will admit to it even though the Gourmet Burger company does something with beef McD could never do. Ah well, there's nowt like folk...

A retired prison guard in the US has eaten his 25,000th Big Mac.
    It has been 39 years to the day since Don Gorske ate his first nine.
    At a ceremony in his honour at a McDonald's in his hometown of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, he said he would continue to eat Big Macs "until I die".
    Mr Gorske, 57, appeared in the 2004 documentary film Super Size Me, which looks at the impact of a daily diet of McDonald's food. He is thin and his cholesterol is said to be low.
    "When I was 19 years old I had eaten my first 1,000 Big Macs and I was kind of like, I thought how long before I hit 10,000?" he said before eating the world record 25,000th burger on Tuesday.
    "Then it was like boy, by the time I hit 25,000 I will be old and retired. Well wouldn't you know, I'm not super old, I am 50-something, but I am retired and stuff, but you don't dream of living so long as to reach a milestone like that."
    Blender burger? Mr Gorske says he eats a Big Mac in 16 bites and keeps track of his consumption on calendars.
    Every week he buys six on Monday and eight on Thursday and keeps them in his fridge or freezer until he is ready to eat them, he says.
    He said his wife told him the end will come "when she has to put them in a blender".
    Doctors have said they do not recommend Mr Gorske's diet.

Default Re: Big Mac -Guilty Pleasure?

i`ve had a big mac once and the only time, i think it was back in 2001!i was ill for two days!
    i don`t know how people can eat like this everyday,it`s so bad for your health and there are so many young teenagers already morbidily obese cos their parents are killing them slowly involuntarely!Than the very first time when i first moved into London when i was 17yrs old,i saw this KFC(didn`t know what it was) that was full of people and being italian i thought ''the food must be good if it`s packed with people'',i bought some of these onion rings,i had one and trew away the rest!Fast food doesn`t even taste good!

www.fitgoddessbabe.com

''stereotypes were made to be broken''
    ''many people still confuse masculine with muscular….''
    ''Being strong is also feminine.feminine doesn't equals being weak!Being strong is very sexy!''
    ''never judge people before you get to know them''
    ''we can achieve anything,if we work hard for it''

Senior Member Professional Poster mikelpo's Avatar

Pretty much stopped eating maccies after watching super size me years ago still watch it now and then to remind me! That big mac eating fellas a strange cat

I like smoking weed too much, so McDonald's is a necessity once every couple of months. I intentionally don't eat there any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by irongoddess View Post
    i`ve had a big mac once and the only time, i think it was back in 2001!i was ill for two days!
    i don`t know how people can eat like this everyday,it`s so bad for your health and there are so many young teenagers already morbidily obese cos their parents are killing them slowly involuntarely!Than the very first time when i first moved into London when i was 17yrs old,i saw this KFC(didn`t know what it was) that was full of people and being italian i thought ''the food must be good if it`s packed with people'',i bought some of these onion rings,i had one and trew away the rest!Fast food doesn`t even taste good!
    I'm, actually, a vegan. Been one for just over a month. It isn't specific to health. Just an ethical choice. I thought it would've been difficult. But it isn't. Plus I adore animals. So why would I want to exploit them?
    And we do have an obesity crisis. Related to food -- and inertia...
    And in economics they teach you about externalities. Which is the cost to a third party. So: a market transaction whereby a third party doesn't consent. So, air pollution is an externality. Car exhaust. Nuclear waste -- and obesity. Because it poses a tremendous drain on society through health care costs etc. etc. (And, too, if we paid the ACTUAL COST of a hamburger -- environmental damage etc. etc. -- that cost, the actual cost, would be about $400. What?!?!?
    But we don't factor into a market transaction the external costs. Corporations externalize costs and internalize profits. If McDonald's paid for the actual damage they do -- to both people and the environment -- they'd be bankrupt.)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kathy-freston-vegan-diet-veganist.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	394886  

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I like smoking weed too much, so McDonald's is a necessity once every couple of months. I intentionally don't eat there any more than that.

Same here. I like to smoke before McDonald's and then again right after it. Big Mac meal is stoner meal number 1 for me. I only have it about once a month now so it's more like a reward, lol

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Plus I adore animals. So why would I want to exploit them?
    But you don't mind exploiting those poor little crispy veggies?
    You callous bastard!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Gold Poster

McDonalds sucks! I had a Big Mac there once and it tasted like bleach, so I went and told the people there and they denied it, and after a big argument one of the guys admitted that he had dropped it on the ground accidentally, and they had just mopped the floor!

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

What I find weird about all this is the guy counts how many burgers he ate in his life.

I eat Big Macs all the time and as others have said, Macs go good with drugs,, and it's even better when watching Teletubbies as well as eating macs and on drugs.

But I eat more pizza than macs,, probably eat the same amount of pizza as this guy ate burgers,,, but I never thought about counting the pizzas I ate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    But you don't mind exploiting those poor little crispy veggies?
    You callous bastard!
    Ha! ha! ha!
    And BiCuriousGeorge: Love the Avatar.
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a funny flick. Especially Sean Penn's character.