Default The Tsunami happened one year ago today.

Seems many people are still living in tents in the affected areas. I've been meaning to visit Thailand but haven't been able to fit it into my schedule.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

we talk about things that go on here, but in the blink of an eye entire cultures were wiped out by this........
    things that were legendary for the area are gone forever

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

If you visited Thailand little if any signs of the tsunami remain one year after the fact.In fact Phuket seems to be nicer now than prior to the tsunami.

the Thai's have a spirit and work ethic that refused to let mother nature defeat them....rebuilding began as soon as the water receded.

DJ Asia

People reaction to that in comparison to Katrina is shocking. When you think the world came together and that the governments of Indonesia, Sri Lanka,
    India, Thailand, Somalia and Burma (really Myanmar) could quickly accept and at least attempt to distrbute aide, you must then think of how the Federal Government here - stopped shipments from trading partners of Germany, England and Japan - meant for Katrina survivors ... I mean I could on. It is not necessary - the truth is there.