View Poll Results: Do you believe in soul mates?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I believe that everyone has one soul mate

12 27.91%
  • Yes, I believe that groups of people can be soul mates

13 30.23%
  • No, I don't believe in soul mates

18 41.86%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Soul Mates

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Soul Mates

Yea...I kinda do believe that Bella. To a degree every relationship that lasts at least a year or longer has some form of deeper connection, but not necissarily " soul mates". Unfortunately none of the ladies I married were true soul mates....LOL...which is why they didn't stand the test of time. Great sex, lots of fun, but superficial to a point. Needless to say I'm still searching, but I'm inclined at this point to think it may be Sammi or Libby, but I'm waiting to see about that "deeper connection" I form with them ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    I had a soul mate some years ago,, she was the best friend I ever had, we were like twins. But she killed herself, I failed and missed that boat so I hope one day to see her soon. I miss her so much.

I am so sorry for you

Quote Originally Posted by ashymon View Post
    I saw that movie and thought to myself that I would go through anything to save the one I love (my wife) if she was lost like that. Years later after 15 years of marriage she divorced me because she did not love me any more.

I have been divorced for 8 years now and no matter who I have dated or what relationships I have developed my heart continues to beat for my ex-wife. So I can definitively state that we have a soulmate out there but that doesnt mean they feel the same way.

very true

I'd like to believe in soul mates, true love, and Mr. Right. Perhaps it's not for me, or perhaps I've been hurt too much to let my defenses down.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

I don't know that I would use the term "soul mate" nessisarily, but I do believe that 2 people can become so close that they are for lack of a better word inseperable. I don't know that I believe that there is only one person out there for everyone, as the world is a huge place and that would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Instead, I think there are certain 'types' of people that an individual is better able to become that close to. For what its worth, thats my (somewhat odd) thoughts on the subject.

I believe we people are often too busy with what we think we want and appeals to us, while what we really want could be something else entirely and is often better then our own imagination, so i guess not looking but remaining open might be the best way to meet a soul mate...

Xx

Last edited by Birgitta; 06-07-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Full time freak

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashymon View Post
    I saw that movie and thought to myself that I would go through anything to save the one I love (my wife) if she was lost like that. Years later after 15 years of marriage she divorced me because she did not love me any more.

I have been divorced for 8 years now and no matter who I have dated or what relationships I have developed my heart continues to beat for my ex-wife. So I can definitively state that we have a soulmate out there but that doesnt mean they feel the same way.

But surely, your soulmate would want to be with you as much as you want to be with them?
    Otherwise, it's obsession?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyHarkness View Post
    no i dont beleive in soulmates at all ... people are just people .. and personality/chemistry is what i beleive makes attraction work ...but thats my own view anyway ....fair play to those that feel soulamtes exist etc ..
    I agree.

"That's what i thought you said."

Quote Originally Posted by Birgitta View Post
    I believe we people are often too busy with what we think we want and appeals to us, while what we really want could be something else entirely and is often better then our own imagination, so i guess not looking but remaining open might be the best way to meet a soul mate...

Xx

That could be my problem, in a nutshell.