Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Anyone else have detransition for thier day job?

As some of you on the board know I work in Politics

What I have not said publicly is that am forced to detransition for work and make myself a presentable male. I wear a chest binding under shrirt, keep short hair, and I try to keep a day's plus stuble to look more masculine.

At frist it seemed like no big deal, but the longer it has dragged on the worse it has made me feel. It has become so dehumanizing to put on my suit & tie and go to work

Is anyone else in the same boat I am? I know I am not the only one out there that has to detransition for thier day job.

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone else have detransition for thier day job?

So basically you go to work like FTM trans person. Also, I have never heard the term detransition,, but OK.

People always tell me that I make the choices in my life, some on this forum told me that my choice of where I live is wrong for me. You do the same,, you make your choices in life. You gotta weigh what is best for you,,is it the money from the job that is good or is the pain from detransition more hurtful than any money. Good luck in what you do. I know it is difficult.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    So basically you go to work like FTM trans person. Also, I have never heard the term detransition,, but OK.

People always tell me that I make the choices in my life, some on this forum told me that my choice of where I live is wrong for me. You do the same,, you make your choices in life. You gotta weigh what is best for you,,is it the money from the job that is good or is the pain from detransition more hurtful than any money. Good luck in what you do. I know it is difficult.
    Yvonne183 thank you for your responce

Detransition is easy to define:
    A transgender person's return to the birth gender

Yes the money is ok, but the problem of detransitioning Every day is just so mentally draining....it is like a I have to put on a mask and prefrom in a minstrel show. I know that sounds harsh and I don't want to offend anyone, but it's what I am dealing with every day. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has do this to keep their job.

Are those your real tits?

You say you're in politics, are you a Republican and hiding from the haters, or do you detransition for work because you're not passable as a woman?

Show us some face.

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    Are those your real tits?

You say you're in politics, are you a Republican and hiding from the haters, or do you detransition for work because you're not passable as a woman?

Show us some face.
    Yes those are my real tits, but I never show my face mostly to keep my day job safe. And I could be passable, but they know me as a man and treat me as such. So I don't force it my transition down the party's throat

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    Yes those are my real tits, but I never show my face mostly to keep my day job safe. And I could be passable, but they know me as a man and treat me as such. So I don't force it my transition down the party's throat

So you are a Republican?

Are you involved in local politics or do you have the capability of moving to a state where GID is protected and working for the party there? If so, please make yourself visible so that people will know that transsexuals come in all colors and political stripes...

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    So you are a Republican?

Are you involved in local politics or do you have the capability of moving to a state where GID is protected and working for the party there? If so, please make yourself visible so that people will know that transsexuals come in all colors and political stripes...

Yes I am a Republican

I like living in Ohio, and I am trying to make things better for transfolk in my party from the inside, but it is damn draining to have to detransition everyday

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

...I don't force it my transition down the party's throat
    That's very decent of you not to force them to accept you for your true self. But then you allow them to force you to deny your true self. How long can you keep this up?

I understand the need to protect your job and your identity. As girl who wants to pass in everyday life (i.e. socially, at home and on the job) I keep my past identity under wraps. I don't want to be the woman who's not a really a woman, or who used to be a boy. I just want to pass as an ordinary person. Consequently I don't "advertise" my transgender status to my work colleagues. Indeed I do my best to hide it. But I would find it extremely demoralizing to have to "detransition" every time I go to work or someplace in town where I might bump into a colleague.

I'm sorry to hear you find yourself in this predicament and hope you can find a viable solution before it wears you down.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    That's very decent of you not to force them to accept you for your true self. But then you allow them to force you to deny your true self. How long can you keep this up?

I understand the need to protect your job and your identity. As girl who wants to pass in everyday life (i.e. socially, at home and on the job) I keep my past identity under wraps. I don't want to be the woman who's not a really a woman, or who used to be a boy. I just want to pass as an ordinary person. Consequently I don't "advertise" my transgender status to my work colleagues. Indeed I do my best to hide it. But I would find it extremely demoralizing to have to "detransition" every time I go to work or someplace in town where I might bump into a colleague.

I'm sorry to hear you find yourself in this predicament and hope you can find a viable solution before it wears you down.
    Thank you for your concern Trish.
    Well I plan on working for the party until at least this November's general election and maybe until 2012 general. I am expected to present myself as a male who is a strong framily values conservative & yes it can be damn demoralizing at times

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    Yes I am a Republican

I like living in Ohio, and I am trying to make things better for transfolk in my party from the inside, but it is damn draining to have to detransition everyday

Well I wish you well. Have you had your beard removed or any surgical procedures?

Honestly, I doubt the average Democrat in your area of Ohio, or most areas of the country, is going to be any more progressive in their ideas about GID.