Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default New Conan the Barbarian movie

Just saw the new Conan the Barbarian movie trailer. Looks interesting, but it's inevitably going to be compared to the original film with Arnold. So, what do you think will it be good, or crappy?

Default Re: New Conan the Barbarian movie

Seems like all they make is remakes and reboots anymore. I'm sure it'll suck.

Veteran Poster

I'm not gonna see it. Arnold's Conan would have crushed this guy.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer

I've been a fan of the barbaric one pretty much all my life. I first came to know the character through Arnold's movies. Then discovered "The Savage Sword of Conan" comic book. Eventually finding my way to the original works by Howard. And knowing the Conan mythology as I do I felt Arnold's movies were not true to Conan. Still, Arnold made Conan famous. Honestly, I can't see how this movie will be any good. Arnold was the very image of Conan. Anyone else falls short. The only way this movie would be worth seeing is if they actually follow Howard's mythology to the letter.

Junior Poster

NO the same without the terminator but there is hope he had a son he could be the next conan

Veteran Poster

After watching that trailer, I gotta say I hope this flops. Like big time. The original is a classic. I will stay home and watch it again the night this turd is unleashed on the public.

Q: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

and that's all that needs to be said.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

That guy doesn't look like Conan, he looks like Fabio. The original Conan is a 2 hour epic (the sequel was silly, but the original was BALLS).

You KNOW that this remake is going to suck ass. It has to, Hollywood would fuck up a wet dream.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by The Turd View Post
    I've been a fan of the barbaric one pretty much all my life. I first came to know the character through Arnold's movies. Then discovered "The Savage Sword of Conan" comic book. Eventually finding my way to the original works by Howard. And knowing the Conan mythology as I do I felt Arnold's movies were not true to Conan. Still, Arnold made Conan famous. Honestly, I can't see how this movie will be any good. Arnold was the very image of Conan. Anyone else falls short. The only way this movie would be worth seeing is if they actually follow Howard's mythology to the letter.
    That's pretty much my thoughts on it. The original is a classic, but this one has the potential to be more faithful to Howard's work. I've just recently been reading the original Howard Conan stories, and I really enjoy them. It's funny you mention the Savage Sword series too, because I just ordered volume 1 of the reprint series of Savage put out by Dark Horse, it looks pretty sweet.

I'd like it if the movie were based on one of Howard's stories. Plenty of them were great. As for Savage Sword I still have two huge boxes full of them. And never will I sell them. Also, how about the cover art? Some of the best artistis contributed to it.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by The Turd View Post
    I'd like it if the movie were based on one of Howard's stories. Plenty of them were great. As for Savage Sword I still have two huge boxes full of them. And never will I sell them. Also, how about the cover art? Some of the best artistis contributed to it.
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I bought the collection, because of the art.