Exclamation has been /never been actor peter fonda should face charges?threats /treason

has been /never been actor peter fonda should face charges?threats /treason

Lars von Trier, who was banned from Cannes for praising Hitler, was not the only one making unsavoury comments at the film festival.

Peter Fonda, the star of Easy Rider, suggested to Mandrake that he was encouraging his grandchildren to shoot President Barack Obama.

“I’m training my grandchildren to use long-range rifles,” said the actor, 71. “For what purpose? Well, I’m not going to say the words 'Barack Obama’, but …”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ack-Obama.html

Default Re: has been /never been actor peter fondashould face charges?threats /treason

It's all that pot smoking from the sixties. Oh, and don't forget all those hits of acid -- ha! ha!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: has been /never been actor peter fondashould face charges?threats /treason

Lars von Trier, who was banned from Cannes for praising Hitler, was not the only one making unsavoury comments at the film festival.

Von Trier made a fool of himself, but was speaking with the heavy kind of irony that Americans and others frequently dont understand -he actually started by saying 'I used to think that I was a Jew' before ending with the Hitler comment, I don't know why people took it seriously but thats probably because as soon as you mention Hitler, it has to be qualified. Von Trier has been making mischief for years, its what he does.