Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Which NBA Players Are Gay/Bi

Quote Originally Posted by fivekatz View Post
    Really who cares what the sexual orientation of these guys are. The only people who piss me off are those that make money or gain power by demeaning LGBT individuals while engaging in closeted same gender sex.

This is one of last places (sports) where people feel completely insecure about coming out and it is not because of the absence of discussions like this.
    Hooray! Well said that man.

Here's a brave man in UK sport. Many-capped rugby player for Wales and the British Lions - and rugby is a very tough sport, certainly tougher than American Football.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bunzy View Post
    I agree, the US is so ruined 'cause of this celebrity culture that makes it really sickening, things are so much different in Europe.
    Depends on where in Europe. In the UK some mindless tabloid gossip about a football player wive or an affair or some other bs makes the front pages of some newspaper.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    lol....you really think that's all they do?!
    No, fred41 it's an exciting game that take lots of skill, I have alot of respect for the game and the players. But hoop also takes skill,dribbling, passing. shooting. Just a lack of respect on bassman2546 part imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    do you honestly think Crosby could make a basketball team faster than D wade could make a hockey team? It is really a wash because undefended both could score but in a game situation neither one would stand a chance of succeeding. I'm a huge Hockey fan and don't like basketball but to say it is not a sport or that the players are un athletic is just plain silly.
    I've seen Crosby take batting practice and knock balls out of the park. He's quite the athlete. I think he can put a ball through a hoop if he wanted. Dwayne Wade on skates? The image is making me laugh.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    I've seen Crosby take batting practice and knock balls out of the park. He's quite the athlete. I think he can put a ball through a hoop if he wanted. Dwayne Wade on skates? The image is making me laugh.
    I saw Jordan dinging balls in batting practice but the story was quite different during a real game. I can swim an Olympic length pool but i'm no Ian thorpe. Being able to do a base level aspect of a sport doesn't mean you can do it at competition level. Do you really think Crosby could score in a game situation? Do you really think Crosby could maintain a .200 batting avg against guys that pitch 98mph. Batting practice? really? i'm betting not one of those pitches was over 60 mph. Guys like Bo Jackson and Jim Brown don't exist anymore. It doesn't have to be D wade either pick any player. Steve Nash im sure could score a goal undefended but put any minor league goalie in the net and im betting it's goose eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    I saw Jordan dinging balls in batting practice but the story was quite different during a real game. I can swim an Olympic length pool but i'm no Ian thorpe. Being able to do a base level aspect of a sport doesn't mean you can do it at competition level. Do you really think Crosby could score in a game situation? Do you really think Crosby could maintain a .200 batting avg against guys that pitch 98mph. Batting practice? really? i'm betting not one of those pitches was over 60 mph. Guys like Bo Jackson and Jim Brown don't exist anymore. It doesn't have to be D wade either pick any player. Steve Nash im sure could score a goal undefended but put any minor league goalie in the net and im betting it's goose eggs.
    Wow, you really think basketball players could excel at hockey? That makes me laugh more than imagining Wade on skates. Seriously, put down the loaded gun and let's all get along.

Junior Poster

Wow, you really think basketball players could excel at hockey? That makes me laugh more than imagining Wade on skates. Seriously, put down the loaded gun and let's all get along.
    ROFLMAO - Bassman was the fat kid still trying to dribble with two hands in 6th grade. "One hand Bassboy, ONE HAND!"

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Im guessing you weren't even following the posts. Of course not! My point is that they would all suck at each others sports equally. A basketball player would do as good at hockey as a hockey player would do at basketball. A football player would suck at swimming just as bad as a swimmer would suck at football. Etc,etc,etc,etc....... To say one is a sport and the other isn't is silly especially when each requires a different skill set and knowledge base.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Many basketball players have the size/athleticism to excel at other sports. The difference is playing at an elite level in all sports requires developing the skill to be a good player in that sport. Just being a great athlete won't make you a good player.

I used to hear American football fans talk about how GREAT Barry Sanders or Michael Vick would be if they'd chosen to play soccer, totally ignoring that being fast and quick are the last tools you need to be a great soccer player if you don't have great foot/eye coordination, dribbling skills and kicking ability.

Being gay however does make you a better jump shooter in the NBA.