onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Theater of the absurd

Only a Democrat could pull this off.
    Here he is....One Senator John Rockefeller IV ( don't call him John) who got his hundreds of millions the hard way....He inherited it from his oil rich family sitting there in pious judgement of the CEO of Chevron ( Formerly Standard Oil of California....get it?) How rich can it get?? LOL Here's a guy who's a Harvard Grad by way of his oil trust fund connections who's pedigree reeks of relatives who crushed every competitor by any means necessary putting on a show for us. And if that was the only hilarious irony that would be enough...don't forget this is a liberal democrat, so he's born with the recessive gene for hypocrisy. He is the senior Senator from a State that proudly boasts lung disease 20 times higher than the national average because of coal. If you've ever had the opportunity to get off the well traveled path in West Virginia in coal country...those aren't vast fresh water reservoirs...they're coal slurry lakes. A by product of coal mining so toxic that if this substance ever escaped it's banks, it would make Love Canal look like the Love Boat. An energy source so dirty, entire cities lay in harmful perpetual toxic coal dust. And one more little nugget....Jelly Jay refuses to fund his campaigns out of his huge oil fortune, but rather he relies on big business like big coal to fund his assured re-election. Just another day on Capitol Hill. Jay Rockefeller Liberal Democrat...Deceiver of the Decade.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Theater of the absurd

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Only a Democrat could pull this off.
    Here he is....One Senator John Rockefeller IV ( don't call him John) who got his hundreds of millions the hard way....He inherited it from his oil rich family sitting there in pious judgement of the CEO of Chevron ( Formerly Standard Oil of California....get it?) How rich can it get?? LOL Here's a guy who's a Harvard Grad by way of his oil trust fund connections who's pedigree reeks of relatives who crushed every competitor by any means necessary putting on a show for us. And if that was the only hilarious irony that would be enough...don't forget this is a liberal democrat, so he's born with the recessive gene for hypocrisy. He is the senior Senator from a State that proudly boasts lung disease 20 times higher than the national average because of coal. If you've ever had the opportunity to get off the well traveled path in West Virginia in coal country...those aren't vast fresh water reservoirs...they're coal slurry lakes. A by product of coal mining so toxic that if this substance ever escaped it's banks, it would make Love Canal look like the Love Boat. An energy source so dirty, entire cities lay in harmful perpetual toxic coal dust. And one more little nugget....Jelly Jay refuses to fund his campaigns out of his huge oil fortune, but rather he relies on big business like big coal to fund his assured re-election. Just another day on Capitol Hill. Jay Rockefeller Liberal Democrat...Deceiver of the Decade.
    Well onmyknees WV is just one odd duck! I have lived in southern Ohio just 6 mi from WV my whole life and just don't "get what the hell thier problem is" They are one of the most fiscally sound states yet they remain almost a 3rd world country who can't provide basic services to it's own citzens! Here is the real kicker....besides over half of the entire state being named after Sen Byrd they have more Gov jobs per FED,State,Local per population ratio than any state in the union. Don't belive me here are list of just the state offices currently in WV

I tried to post all 212 but it exceeds the limit of posting but here is the link

http://www.wv.gov/Pages/agencies.aspx

West Virginia reeks of bloated dead carp gov fat cats now that is "wild and Wonderful"

Default Re: Theater of the absurd

I forget what he lectured the oil companies about. But I'll tell this story, about WV water. Many years ago, I was down in what was then consider "coal country", deep in the state. The water had such a high sulfur content, you could smell it in the next room, when the water tap was turned on.

But anyway, what to you consider to be the most ironic part of his speech? From what you are saying, I dont see it so much as a Democratic thing, than it is the issue of big money influencing government. Democrats, theorectically, support labor and working class issues, as well as others.

Last edited by yodajazz; 05-29-2011 at 01:05 AM.