Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Default Re: Constant Conservative Ron Paul...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Ben
    thank you for these various clips which, edited though they are have been useful for me as I don't have access to the range of media you do on the US debates. Ron Paul is not going to be around much longer as a candidate, so his contributions are at best 'interesting', at worst contradictory. The press has picked up on the crowd reactions by the way, particularly when asked about a man with no health insurance who goes into a coma -when asked if he should be given health care some in the audience shout No! -and so on. The death penalty was another I think. Some of your clips feature people who are frankly inarticulate, I assume its from some obscure cable channel, the last two are examples. Nevertheless, without similar access here I would not be spending hours trawling for it on youtube so thanks again.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Some of your clips feature people who are frankly inarticulate,
    We can't all be Richard Dawkins or Chris Hitchens. The Brits have an unfair advantage: that melodious accent provides an air of erudition and sophistication that we just can't match.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

That isn't the point -there are courses in presentation skills those guys can take, and you would think if they are going to produce their own shows they might at least be more professional about it -one of them clearly had no script and was all over the place. It really is not about the accent!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Ben
    thank you for these various clips which, edited though they are have been useful for me as I don't have access to the range of media you do on the US debates. Ron Paul is not going to be around much longer as a candidate, so his contributions are at best 'interesting', at worst contradictory. The press has picked up on the crowd reactions by the way, particularly when asked about a man with no health insurance who goes into a coma -when asked if he should be given health care some in the audience shout No! -and so on. The death penalty was another I think. Some of your clips feature people who are frankly inarticulate, I assume its from some obscure cable channel, the last two are examples. Nevertheless, without similar access here I would not be spending hours trawling for it on youtube so thanks again.
    You're welcome.
    Actually, I think Ron Paul will be in for the long haul. Because he wants a national -- and international -- stage to get his ideas out.
    On some issues I agree with him. Completely. On others, well, I have disagreements. But he's honest. One thing you can say about Ron Paul: he's honest. Unlike other politicians. Pretty much all politicians are dishonest. It's the nature of the beast, I guess --
    The American writer William Blum said about Obama: he has no core beliefs and he doesn't care about issues.... You can agree or disagree with Blum's conclusions. But Ron Paul is the antithesis. He does have core beliefs and he certainly cares about issues. You know where he stands.
    But, well, I mean, if he became President would he have to compromise? Most likely. He couldn't get his radical agenda through congress.
    The capitalist-state-corporate structure depends on a sizable government intervention in the economy. President Paul would want to make serious... and I mean serious... cuts. Would congress, the corporate congress -- , go along with this? Well, no.

Interesting discussion. And Ron Paul is brought up --

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    We can't all be Richard Dawkins or Chris Hitchens. The Brits have an unfair advantage: that melodious accent provides an air of erudition and sophistication that we just can't match.
    Appearances can be deceptive and I say that as a proud British Nationalist.

'An iredeemable and ignorant scumbag who is surely worse than many of those his job gives him the right to arrest'. by Prospero, bedwetting liberal in chief .