Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Default Re: Usama bin Laden is dead

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347 View Post
    Seems to me that bin Laden's death only means that now we no longer know who al Queda is taking orders from, if he was ever their recognized "leader", which is in serious doubt. Don't see how this makes us any safer, but if anyone else sees it differently then I hope you sleep soundly tonight.
    This was never "war" in the conventional sense anyway, the fundamental strategic error which Bush and Blair made and has since led to the disastrous campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan. Whatever you may think of Al Qaeda, their approach is minimalist and surgical, which is the only way to combat them in return, not by sending regiments.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Veteran Poster

We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Don't see how this makes us any safer, but if anyone else sees it differently then I hope you sleep soundly tonight.
    Who doesn't sleep because they're worried about al Queda? Oh that's right Tea-Baggers. You fuckers have been yearning for Bin Laden's ass for nine years, and now that a democratic president has delivered it you're all, "I don't see how this makes us any safer." LOL

DING DONG
    THE WITCH IS DEAD...

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Who doesn't sleep because they're worried about al Queda? Oh that's right Tea-Baggers. You fuckers have been yearning for Bin Laden's ass for nine years, and now that a democratic president has delivered it you're all, "I don't see how this makes us any safer." LOL

DING DONG
    THE WITCH IS DEAD...
    I'm about as far from the tea party as you are Trish, but it's true nevertheless.

Al Qaeda or something very similar to it is going to be around forever, unless there's a fundamental rebalancing of the relationship between Islam and the west on every level, political, economic social. That isn't going to happen, so we may as well get used to accepting the fact.

It's the pre-emptive and now visibly futile triumphalism of the warmongers like Bush and Blair that sticks in my craw. What the fuck did they think they had achieved back in 2003?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Veteran Poster

FOX NEWS:

"They interrupt the celebrity apprentice 10 minutes before it ends and Obama doesn’t make any remarks until 20 minutes after the show would have ended . He bashed Trump last night and then he interrupts his show".

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

Texas Lady Junior Poster Brandi Boots's Avatar

Trish.....I have to say that you are so off base to claim some kind of connection....u, suck. I dont care if you are a lib/dem/cons/rep/ indiv......u still suck!

Of course I do.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi Boots View Post
    Trish.....I have to say that you are so off base to claim some kind of connection....u, suck. I dont care if you are a lib/dem/cons/rep/ indiv......u still suck!
    Trish simply can't "turn it off". No one's political leanings are relevant at this hour from where I sit, nor is whether bin Laden was killed under a Democratic or Republican president. I don't personally feel any safer, but that doesn't mean I'm any less happy than the most liberal liberal that bin Laden's dead. Save the political posturing for another thread and be glad that the mastermind of 9/11 is dead why don't you?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Every day is a great day to be an American but today is just a little sweeter.

Now bury Bin Laden in 20 feet of pig shit. He deserves no better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USA! USA! USA!.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	391059  

Oh I am, I'm just sorry you don't feel safer.