Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ufc 129

Default Re: Ufc 129

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    I don't know man. I am not ready to get on the Jones train just yet. True he beat Shogun, but by Shogun admission, he was out of the fight when Jones threw that knee at the beginning of the round. Of course Jones is a problem for anyone with that 84 inch reach that he has.
    jones is a natural fighter... not striker or wrestler... FIGHTER... he is not losing that title any time soon... no way

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Jones is the real deal...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I am not convinced on Jones just yet. I like Jones and a fan. Granted he is the champion, but who has he beaten besides Rua and Bader? Sure you say Vladmir, but he hasn't faced anyone who is top 5 except for Rua. When he faces a Rashad or Rampage or Machida then I be convinced. If he gets a win over one of those three then I change my stance.

The LHW belt is the kind of belt that changes hands every other fight. If he wins in his next match, then I will say that Jones is unstoppable. The fight with Evans will be the real test for Jones in my opinion.

I am not convinced on Jones just yet. I like Jones and a fan. Granted he is the champion, but who has he beaten besides Rua and Bader? Sure you say Vladmir, but he hasn't faced anyone who is top 5 except for Rua. When he faces a Rashad or Rampage or Machida then I be convinced. If he gets a win over one of those three then I change my stance.

The LHW belt is the kind of belt that changes hands every other fight. If he wins in his next match, then I will say that Jones is unstoppable. The fight with Evans will be the real test for Jones in my opinion.
    Evans is next... and Jones is going to make quick work of him... Machida in my opinion will be his truest opponent in his weight class.

The LHW belt is the kind of belt that changes hands every other fight.
    agreed. 205 is probably the toughest division to hold onto the belt. if bones jones defends his title as much as spider silva (8 title defenses) or gsp (6 title defenses) then you can give him credit. until then we just have to see.

Yeah Jones is young and unproven. But he has put on some spectacular performances so far. And he is going to get better as he trains with Greg Jackson. Many think that he is a good example of the fighters that are yet to come to the UFC. The competition is going to be sick! Soon no longer someone like Lesnar can just stroll into the UFC cage with little experience and expect to do well.

Check this out. Machida with Mr. Miyagi in his corner!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81489332/?lt=em

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Yeah Jones is young and unproven. But he has put on some spectacular performances so far. And he is going to get better as he trains with Greg Jackson. Many think that he is a good example of the fighters that are yet to come to the UFC. The competition is going to be sick! Soon no longer someone like Lesnar can just stroll into the UFC cage with little experience and expect to do well.
    The opponents that Jones has faced with the exception of Rua has not been top 5. His only impressive "victory" was against Hamill, which he technically loss via DQ. Although I will say that Jones is a threat to anyone. Not really with his striking but his reach as well.