Default So Limewire was sued.......

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/...wlc=1305510709

They will hand over 105 million to the RIAA and the artist will not get a dime of this money wow..............

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Default Re: So Limewire was sued.......

doees limewire even have that sort of cash? as usual, only the lawyers get rich. i hadn't used anything like that since winmx.

Wow, is right! I still agree with those that say, the file sharing helped the artist get exposure, in which they or others could get work.

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    Wow, is right! I still agree with those that say, the file sharing helped the artist get exposure, in which they or others could get work.
    Hmmm. I've discovered over the years a lot of file sharing services using my songs and I've never made a fucking penny out of it. These guys are no better than the big record companies. When you record, package, market and sell your own CDs at gigs and via the net it hurts when these bastards rip you off.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

I've known people that made good, selling thier own CD's at gigs, especially out of town, where people know they wont hear you, unless they have your CD. One person told me he made about $6,000 from CD sales, at a three day festival, but he was all the way over in northern Europe, at the time.

Here in the US, a number of Mafia types, got into the record distribution end. Many artists, reportedly had their sales under-reported. So the legit route was no guaruntee of getting a fair deal either. That's why touring, has always been the bread and butter. Or else getting kyour music covered by a bonified star, who has platinum status.

Last edited by yodajazz; 05-16-2011 at 07:28 AM.

I've known people that made good, selling thier own CD's at gigs, especially out of town, where people know they wont hear you, unless they have your CD. One person told me he made about $6,000 from CD sales, at a three day festival, but he was all the way over in northern Europe, at the time.
    I do OK and have sold CDs successfully worldwide from my own site and via myspace in the past, as well as at gigs, festivals etc, but I don't have the personal reach to capitalise on the kind of exposure that you could get from being on the likes of spotify, say, or their predecessors.

I've done a few gigs in the US, Canada and Oz over the years as well as mini-tours in northern Europe, but for economic reasons most of my gigs are in the UK. Being a solo performer helps to minimise costs, but I'm earning less than 30% of what I did when I was in telecoms. That said, I'm happier and more fulfilled than I've ever been, so that's the trade-off for the change in lifestyle.

What really pissed me off about the file sharing sites was that they indicated and in some cases said outright that they passed on royalties to the artists. Well, not to this one. Lying, hypocritical bastards every single one of them.

1) Limewire's still around?
    2) Of course the RIAA pockets the money..they're only about protecting the artists until they have to hand over the cash.

Tiffany Anne's Happy Funtime Crossdressing Caption Club
    http://tiffanne2000.tumblr.com/
    http://tiffanyannescaptions.blogspot.com/

Or else getting kyour music covered by a bonified star, who has platinum status.
    Yeah, sometimes you dream about that happening. I've had some of my songs covered by artists I really respect, and it certainly opens up radio plays etc, but it's a two-edged sword. I had one of my personal favourites, a song about the first world war, covered by a bluegrass band, whose treatment of it was crass and insensitive - and they didn't even ask my permission!