Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Default Re: So Glenn Beck is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    LOL....dream on and wish on. When someone on MSNBC can out together the size rally he did in DC, maybe then we can call them his equal, but until then...your boy Cenk and the rest of them are the Junior Varsity. Beck will be under your skin in one way or another for a very long time. Have you checked the 5pm ratings recently?? And here's a little clip to burst your bubble. Here's Matthews a guy with a little more than 250,000 total viewers ( Nancy Grace has more than that) ( Beck routinly exceeds 1.1-1.3 million) talking to David Brock ( the ex conservative who wasn't very good at it so he jumped ship) and they actually believe they had something to do with Beck's decesion to part ways with Fox. If dillusion could be converted into kilowatts, these 2 idiots could replace the power lost in Japan !!!!!!!
    There you go with that RATINGS thing again like it is the deciding factor as to who is right or wrong. You make it sound as if Beck putting together big rallies and having higher ratings, makes his policies absolutely correct.

They don't. This country is hooked on sensationalism, and Beck and the rest of the right wing assholes give the people exactly that. Become a psycho clown like Beck and Rush, and people will flock in droves to watch it. American Idol is the most watched TV show, even though it is fake and just scripted entertainment. The show rates higher than real life events and far superior entertainment.

If the guys at MSNBC started acting like rejects from a distant planet, and going off with fake tears and wild imaginary philosophy, their ratings would go up too. But they stick to the facts and discuss them, which is boring to most republican hillbillies. If that isn't enough to forget about the bull shit ratings, I don't know what is.

I can't wait for this reply.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    LOL....dream on and wish on. When someone on MSNBC can out together the size rally he did in DC, maybe then we can call them his equal, but until then...your boy Cenk and the rest of them are the Junior Varsity. Beck will be under your skin in one way or another for a very long time. Have you checked the 5pm ratings recently?? And here's a little clip to burst your bubble. Here's Matthews a guy with a little more than 250,000 total viewers ( Nancy Grace has more than that) ( Beck routinly exceeds 1.1-1.3 million) talking to David Brock ( the ex conservative who wasn't very good at it so he jumped ship) and they actually believe they had something to do with Beck's decesion to part ways with Fox. If dillusion could be converted into kilowatts, these 2 idiots could replace the power lost in Japan !!!!!!!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-mat...beck-from-fox/
    Easy there, lad. I realize the loss of one of your heroes has been a terrible shock to your system. Have a drink, pop a couple xanax and try not to cut yourself.

Do I need to point out that nothing in your post had anything to do with my post, despite the fact that you quoted me? Yes, Beck still had good ratings, although he'd been slipping a lot recently. BECK WAS LOSING ADVERTISING DOLLARS. A self-proclaimed free market advocate like you should be able to grasp that. Roger Ailes got tired of explaining lost revenue to Murdoch and he got fed up with Beck's bloated ego. End of story.

As the icing on the cake, here's your new favorite MSNBC host to run it down for you. Enjoy. YouTube - TheYoungTurks's Channel

That's 1/3 rd of Holy Fox Trinity gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

"One year from now. You on the left will crapping yourself so much. You haven't crapped in your pants as much as you will in a year from now. As you did since you were a child, maybe more. You'll crap yourself more than when you were a baby... and you will find Jesus. You will suddenly find religion and be kneeling at some altar lighting candles everyday praying to Jesus that Glenn Beck will please just do 5 o'clock on the Fox News Channel." Glenn Beck

I'm sure you know and you're just trolling but the fox network has their news shows and then entertainment shows, like beck. Where a normal show recaps what you probably read in the morning paper, beck gives his commentary. He can tell you high gas prices are the end of the US and you should buy a lot of gold

Why don't people want to watch him anymore? I assume things are just too grim. They'd rather watch a movie and escape their lives for a few hours. I hope beck finds a job, maybe he'll go back to stand-up.

Went to wikipedia. Typed in ol' Glenn. Quite sad.
    But, of course, he gets no empathy. But maybe he should. I mean, "His mother and her lover drowned in Puget Sound, off Tacoma in the state of Washington when Beck was 15. He says she was a suicide. He also says he was on booze and drugs from 16 to 31, when – through one marriage and out the other side - he eschewed the suicidal path of his fellow Washingtonian Kurt Cobain and joined AA. He left the Catholic Church and became a Mormon."
    So, maybe his bizarre behavior is really due to psychic pain. Who knows. But the real villain of the overall story isn't Glenn. It's Rupert Murdoch. Who is the head honcho. And decides the fate of Glenn -- at Fox.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Why don't people want to watch him anymore?
    I'm not sure that they don't. I think he simply scared his advertisers away. As his theories got wilder and the controversy around him grew more heated he became just too easy a target of fun and ridicule. Even though a he retained a large cult following, I don't think his advertisers were fond of marketing to just that cult niche; after all, his viewers aren't wealthy, they're the pawns of the wealthy. The average tea-bagger can't afford to buy and bury even one gold bar, let enough to make the marketing worth its while.

Last edited by trish; 04-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

The way he has ramped up staffing in his organization, and the statements he is and has made. I believe he is going to try something on his own. I am only guessing what it may be, but I wouldn't put buying out an existing cable network or attempting to launch one of his own.

Will be interesting to see it play out. Head to head he would give Hannity or O'rielly a run for their money.

Last edited by Faldur; 04-10-2011 at 12:06 AM.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Just adding some prospective for all you Beck bashers. Even by my math he has 4 times the viewers as Tingles Matthews. Does that mean he's 4 times as relevent?? LMAO You all tried to convince us that Beck had become a has been...but the numbers and the facts would seem to prove you all wrong...yet again.

TYPICAL DAY RATING: MARCH 31

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.

5PM....Demo 24-54 (in millions)

Beck.. 2,221
    CNN Blitzer.. 720
    Hardball Chris Matthews 510
    CNBC Hard Money..........196

If Beck or whatever hated Republican you'd like ran for president and lost to Obama, that would make his views as patently ridiculous as Rachel Maddow's would be if she had run for president against GW and lost. Note, I regard both as interpreting reality to suit their particular agendas, but I just love how whoever it was would seemingly like to equate Beck not running for president against Obama with his message having no merit, as if most voters have enough sense to elect the best candidate to begin with.

Last edited by TJ347; 04-11-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Clarification
    "We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin