Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default WTF Happened To Dodger Stadium?

I grew up in that place. During the 1970s and the days of Garvey, Lopes, Cey, and Russell. It was a great place for families on a budget to go and safe too. The other day some poor guy gets beaten half to death by a couple of thugs all because he wore a Giants jersey. The guy could die and is having a piece of his brain removed. Now, I might be OK to go with some other guys to a game but a lot of people with a wife and kids are saying no more. Fuckin' shame.

Gold Poster

Default Re: WTF Happened To Dodger Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I grew up in that place. During the 1970s and the days of Garvey, Lopes, Cey, and Russell. It was a great place for families on a budget to go and safe too. The other day some poor guy gets beaten half to death by a couple of thugs all because he wore a Giants jersey. The guy could die and is having a piece of his brain removed. Now, I might be OK to go with some other guys to a game but a lot of people with a wife and kids are saying no more. Fuckin' shame.
    It's pretty sickening when that kind of crap happens. It almost seems like good sportsmanship is dead and buried along with the idea of friendly rivalries.

When The Raiders played in the LA Collosium, I drove form San Diego for a game against the Seahawks (1986, I think). I paid a guy $50 to keep my Vette in his yard and keep it safe. That is a shithole neighborhood, as well.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

I hate hearing stories like this especially when it involves one of the greatest stadiums in Major League Baseball Dodger Stadium.Even though I hate Dodgers being an Atlanta Braves fan since 1976 as my National League team goes.My American League team is the Los Angeles Angels a Fan since 1974.Now getting back to Dodgers Stadium it's not like it's in the worst part of town or anything being a former Los Feliz it was just around the corner from me.

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE View Post
    When The Raiders played in the LA Collosium, I drove form San Diego for a game against the Seahawks (1986, I think). I paid a guy $50 to keep my Vette in his yard and keep it safe. That is a shithole neighborhood, as well.
    I went Los Angeles Rams game in 1977 they were playing the Bears and I remember having to pay some guy to park our car near the Collosium and also for USC games too.

John Leslie (R.I.P.) 1945 - 2010

It is such a damn shame. A lot of the LA area is unsafe and overrun by criminals.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    It is such a damn shame. A lot of the LA area is unsafe and overrun by criminals.
    Sad but true it wasn't always like that at least it didn't always seem that way it just seems to get worse however.

John Leslie (R.I.P.) 1945 - 2010

Veteran Poster

They shoulda stayed in Brooklyn

They are the new Raiders fans. Punk ass cholos with nothing better to do than to start fuckin drama. I went to a giants game a few years ago when Bonds was still playing and they were throwing batteries at him and talking mad shit to whoever was wearing giants gear. The Dodgers weren't selling out and so they would sell these tix in the upper level for $4 a pop and every fuckin thug would roll out there. I have no intention of ever going back...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris in LA View Post
    They are the new Raiders fans. Punk ass cholos with nothing better to do than to start fuckin drama. I went to a giants game a few years ago when Bonds was still playing and they were throwing batteries at him and talking mad shit to whoever was wearing giants gear. The Dodgers weren't selling out and so they would sell these tix in the upper level for $4 a pop and every fuckin thug would roll out there. I have no intention of ever going back...

I too went to a game a year or two ago and witnessed nothing but classless thugs trying to impress. I had a horrible experience and vowed never to return either. Haven't been back since...

Rookie Poster

Kick the McCorts out on their ass. Then tell the LAPD to get off their fat pension ass's and clean up Echo Park where the cholos party and have trashed the neighbor hood before the game. Sorry I just woke up from a dream............same shit diff day!