Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes we can!

Default Yes we can!

Spend 8x more in a 31 day period than we take in..!!
    (say it with me) "Yes we can!"

Double the federal deficit in 4 years!
    "Yes we can!"

Can exceed the federal debt accumulated by other presidents in 2 years, in just 30 days!
    "yes we can!!"

"4 more years!! We can bankrupt the country, in 4 more years!!!"
    "Yes we ARE!!!"

Last edited by Faldur; 04-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Yes we can!

What budget crisis? You just don't get it do you? It's all a fabrication of the right wing. Irskin Boles...the President's deficit commission?? LMAO...Pay them no mind, they know not what they say.
    All this will become clear to you in due time .....Obama has a plan.

It's God's Will that Obama breeze to a second term and resolve all this......Think I'm joking? I wish...

At the conclusion of last night's Hard Ball, Matthew's finished with this....

"Maybe this is God`s will, that Obama not have a reasonable opponent out there. How`s that for an incendiary statement"?

This from a network that the left says plays it down the middle !!!!!!! LMAO

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

What budget crisis?
    The one Bush got us into by giving a ten year budget surplus to the wealthiest upper crust in the form of tax breaks, dragging us into two decade long wars in the Middle East, and deregulating the banking industry to the point where we suffered a collapse as severe as the great depression....that budget crisis. Let's do ourselves in entirely and elect another so called "conservative."

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Fool Us Twice? Can Obama Get Reelected?

by Ted Rall

NEW YORK -- Usually I don't care about political horseraces. Yet I am fascinated by Obama's reelection bid. Never mind what's good for the country. I'm dying to hear him make his case for another four years.
    I don't pretend to be able to predict the future. But I have a rich imagination--and I still can't begin to guess how the president can convince a majority of voters to choose him over the Republican nominee whether he be Mitt Romney or she be Michele Bachmann.
    Obama is good with words. But what can he possibly say for himself after this first fiddling-while-Rome-burns term?
    The president only has one major accomplishment to his credit: healthcare reform. However--assuming Republicans don't repeal it--it doesn't go into effect until 2014. Which, from Obama's standpoint, actually helps him. After people find out how it transforms the First World's worst healthcare system into something even crappier and more expensive, they'll be burning him in effigy.
    "Socialized" (if only!) healthcare has driven away the Reagan Democrat swing voters who formed half of Obama's margin of victory in 2008. Unless the GOP nominates some total loon (hi Michele) or past-due retread (what up Newt) these ideological reeds in the wind will blow Republican.
    The other major component of the Obama coalition, young and reenergized older liberals, see ObamaCare as a right-wing sellout to corporations. Nothing less than single-payer would have satisfied them. On other issues it seems that Obama has missed few opportunities to alienate the Democrats' liberal base.
    "The combination of Afghanistan and Libya could bring a bitter end to the romance between Democratic liberals and Obama," Steve Chapman writes in Reasonmagazine. "Many of them were already disappointed with him for extending the Bush tax cuts, bailing out Wall Street, omitting a public option from the healthcare overhaul, offering to freeze domestic discretionary spending, and generally declining to go after Republicans hammer and tong."
    Chapman predicts a strong primary challenge to Obama's left flank--someone like Russ Feingold.
    Lefties are also angry about Obama's other lies and betrayals: keeping Gitmo open, signing off on assassinations and even the torture of U.S. soldiers (PFC Bradley Manning), redefining U.S. troops in Iraq as "support personnel." Just this week he reneged on his promise to get rid of Bush's kangaroo courts and put 9/11 suspects on trial.
    Everyone--left, middle and right--is furious about his Herbert Hoover-like lack of concern over the economy. While the multimillionaire president blithely talks about a recovery as he heads off to golf with his wealthy friends, unemployment is rising and becoming structural. Obama will surely pay for the disconnect between reality (no jobs, shrinking paychecks, hidden inflation) and the rosy rhetoric coming out of the White House and U.S. state media.
    What, exactly, will be Obama's 2012 sales pitch? I seriously want to know. Think about it: how many other presidents have been so disappointing that they had to distribute lists of their accomplishments so their supporters would have talking points?
    Among the highlights of one of these enumerations going around the Internet are:
    "1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending.
    "5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB.
    "14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research."
    I'm in favor of these things. (Although I'm not sure why, with real unemployment over 20 percent and the NSA rifling through my email, I should care about numbers 76--"appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court"--or 86--"held first Seder in the White House." Really?)
    Will micro-mini-accomplishment lites be enough to pry liberal asses off the sofa on Election Day? I think not. On the Big Issues That Really Matter--war, the economy, civil liberties--Obama is a right-wing Republican. He's only a Democrat on the little stuff. Liberals won't turn out big for Obama in 2012.
    That goes double for the youth vote, a big bloc for O in 2008. From student loan debt to unemployment (which hits Americans under 30 even harder than other age groups), Obama hasn't delivered. They'll sit on their hands.
    "We've always known that lasting change wouldn't come quickly or easily," began Obama's official campaign announcement.
    "Always known"?
    Remember those Soviet-style "Hope" and "Change" posters from '08, presenting the skinny Columbia grad as a postmodern Messiah for a nation ravaged by eight years of Bush? Just guessing, but somehow I doubt Obama's propaganda would have gone over as easily with the caption "Change That Won't Come Quickly or Easily."
    "It begins with us," will apparently be one of the slogans for Obama-Biden 2012.
    That's the problem Obama faces next year. In 2008 he told us it was going to begin with him.

Obama and the Ghost of '68

Will liberal voters abandon their president over Libya?

Another interesting article at the Libertarian website Reason:

http://reason.com/archives/2011/03/2...he-ghost-of-68

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    The one Bush got us into by giving a ten year budget surplus to the wealthiest upper crust in the form of tax breaks, dragging us into two decade long wars in the Middle East, and deregulating the banking industry to the point where we suffered a collapse as severe as the great depression....that budget crisis. Let's do ourselves in entirely and elect another so called "conservative."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....now that's hysterical...there isn't an economist alive who wouldn't trade Bush's budget deficits for Obamas. Here'a a fact Trish....wrap your mind around this......

Obama has racked up more debt in just 2 years than any President in History...PERIOD>>>>

And when's the blame Bush game going to end ? It's getting weaker every day, but when it's your only ace in the hole....I suppose you have to play it. It's about time your guy man the fuck up and start solving some problems and do I dare say.....LEADING . He's been MIA on the budget.....and btw.......this current budget problem is because Barry, nor either democratically controlled side of Congress had the political will or sence of duty to submit a budget for fiscal or calander year 2010 !!!!!!!!! That's a first....wear it proud Trish. Bush is in Texas cutting brush and has been for over 2 years. Man up Barry.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

There's is nary an economist who isn't recommending more stimulus spending to create jobs and maintain infrastructure.

Bush will always be the man who brought on the second great depression...PERIOD

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Clinton was in on this as well. Enron didn't just happen under bush...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border View Post
    Clinton was in on this as well. Enron didn't just happen under bush...
    Enron had nothing to do with our economic troubles today. The illegal invasion of Iraq by Bush, and the billions of $$$ in tax breaks for the rich and big businesses to send American jobs abroad, caused our recent depression. Clinton left Bush with the best fucking economy this country has ever seen, and a surplus for the first time in history.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.