Junior Poster

Default Crystal, barmaid of the old Edelweiss, returns

I'm not sure how many old timers are around these boards, but some of you may remember the old Club Edelweiss on 43rd and 11th Avenue.

One of the nicest denizens of that place was the barmaid, Crystal. She was a gold fish in a tank full of sharks.

Anyway, by some random google search, I came across her recent Youtube videos. I then remembered that she used to say that during the day she was a photographer and artist. It's also kind of a coincidence that when I logged into HA today, I had a PM from someone I didn't know asking about the old Edelweiss and that scene and if I was in touch with anyone from those days, which I'm not. But the miracle of the inter-tubes!

Anyone else remember her?

Anyway, Crystal was a sweetie. Not sure how here life has been since, because some of her Youtube comments and linked blogspot suggest at least a few years of struggle. She goes by the online name of Xeta Prime. Apparently now her main thing is extreme body modification and extreme dieting (??).

Her main Youtube video, a photomontage which tries to summarize her 50+ years as a transgendered person, however, is fascinating and well done.

Raw food (?) video:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Xeta-...00001513502209

blogger:
    http://xetaprime.blogspot.com/

Gold Poster

Default Re: Crystal, barmaid of the old Edelweiss, returns

That was a fascinating video. Thank you for posting it.

Veteran Poster

Smile Re: Crystal, barmaid of the old Edelweiss, returns

I used to chat with Crystal every night while finding a TGirl, such as Octavia, Silvia and others. There was Daisy too.

Crystal was always so sweet and polite. I wish I could talk to her again. She was just becoming at the time.

Miss the lighter side of Edelweiss.

Joanne

Joanne Sven
    Passionate About TGirls

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Thanks Edelweiss person for putting that up.

I never went to Edelweiss when it was uptown, I was finished going to tgirl bars when Edelweiss moved, but I did go when it was in Chelsea. And I do remember Crystal. I didn't talk much to her, she seemed kinda quiet, but i remember seeing her way back, maybe even hanging out at The Fabric Factory. When I first saw her she sort of reminded me of Debbie Harry, she wasn't like most of the tgirls at the bar, Crystal had her own style,, not slutty at all,,lol.

I think I saw her in the audience of a talk show about transgender people, it might have even been Phil Donahue show.

I miss those days.

Edit- I just viewed the whole video and the tv show she was on was Rivera's

Last edited by Yvonne183; 08-19-2011 at 03:53 AM.
    I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Rookie Poster

wonder with that documentary coming out on CLUB EDELWEISS (on 44th) will Crystal is involved ? she and another young skinny girl (who came later towards the end) were the only two white tgirls in that club all i remember is that they hated each other lmaof . once the new girl came in the bar the owner Dino seemed to focus alot of attention on here because she grew a crowd of us. Crystal was a sex change and much older (still good looking) but like life newer and younger always overshadows the older and wiser .

Last edited by dangerdog17; 05-21-2023 at 07:48 PM. Reason: mispelled