Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: 12 Reasons Why Women Can't Stand Nice Guys

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    So, go ahead hot ladies, chase your bad boys and let the nice guys laugh at your stupidity. I love seeing these guys run once they get a girl prego. If the hot girl is that stupid to chase more bad boys then its a great thing because I would never want to be with someone that stupid.

Now I am not a nice guy, but I totally respect women and treat them well. If some girl wants to be used like a rag and thrown away, dont come my way. I have learned that control in the relationship does go to the one who cares less, BUT the one who loves more will always be happier,.. always. So pick a person who will love you back.... Unless your just there for sex and nothing else then none of this matters!

These two paragraphs seem to contradict each other. So are you a nice guy....or not?

The art is, as it is in so many other things in life...is to find the compromise, I don't think the author of the article was referring to low life unemployed thugs ...and I say again....no matter what category you fall into, if it's working for you...why worry about what someone writes or thinks? Do your thing.
    What you lack here is any definition of what a "Bad Boy" is. Are you talking about a true "Bad Boy" or some fake poseur? REAL "Bad Boys" are as rare as REAL "Nice Guys" because both represent the extremes of the spectrum. I concur that you go with what works for you, but I think there is a grain of truth in the APPEARANCE of the "Bad Guy."

... I don't think the author of the article was referring to low life unemployed thugs...
    Why not? Are they not bad boys? "Buck the system! Rebel! Fuck work, I do what I want and take what I want and if you don't let me take it, I'll whip your ass!" Sorry, but if that's the person that other people are looking for in a world that does not espouse violence as the primary method of surviving in modern society (this excludes third-world countries and other nations that have resisted a push into beyond "might is right" for everything), then you can have them... bad boys OR bad girls.

I consider myself a "Nice Guy," but not to the absolute anathema of survival that is portrayed by the ultimate stereotyped list that begins this thread. The person that has most of these traits, once again, is an extreme... and might be the guy from the movie "Higher Learning" who goes all Neo-Nazi and starts shooting people from the top of a building.

That being said, I sure as fuck know how to stand up for myself and I won't get walked all over; compromise is usually better than always getting your way or always giving it up. I open doors, tell the truth, respect other people, drive more defensively than aggressively and I'm pretty damn smart, but I also have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, I know how to effectively fight with or without weapons to my own strengths. I think I'm pretty charming, have an excellent (perhaps overdeveloped) sense of self-worth. Conceited? No. Confident?

I wonder if the person who wrote this article is the failure at life who embodies all of the traits in the list.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit... what a ride!"
    -Anon-

12 reasons...I don't need 12 reasons! One will do.... They're Fuckin' Stupid!!!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nooksack View Post
    What you lack here is any definition of what a "Bad Boy" is. Are you talking about a true "Bad Boy" or some fake poseur? REAL "Bad Boys" are as rare as REAL "Nice Guys" because both represent the extremes of the spectrum. I concur that you go with what works for you, but I think there is a grain of truth in the APPEARANCE of the "Bad Guy."

Why not? Are they not bad boys? "Buck the system! Rebel! Fuck work, I do what I want and take what I want and if you don't let me take it, I'll whip your ass!" Sorry, but if that's the person that other people are looking for in a world that does not espouse violence as the primary method of surviving in modern society (this excludes third-world countries and other nations that have resisted a push into beyond "might is right" for everything), then you can have them... bad boys OR bad girls.

I consider myself a "Nice Guy," but not to the absolute anathema of survival that is portrayed by the ultimate stereotyped list that begins this thread. The person that has most of these traits, once again, is an extreme... and might be the guy from the movie "Higher Learning" who goes all Neo-Nazi and starts shooting people from the top of a building.

That being said, I sure as fuck know how to stand up for myself and I won't get walked all over; compromise is usually better than always getting your way or always giving it up. I open doors, tell the truth, respect other people, drive more defensively than aggressively and I'm pretty damn smart, but I also have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, I know how to effectively fight with or without weapons to my own strengths. I think I'm pretty charming, have an excellent (perhaps overdeveloped) sense of self-worth. Conceited? No. Confident?

I wonder if the person who wrote this article is the failure at life who embodies all of the traits in the list.

Again....I think Britt had the absolute spot on response to this. She knows exactly what the author was referring to. I tend to doubt the author had Neo Nazis in mind as she wrote the article. LOL..It's all about attitude..and has nothing to do with formal education, concealed weapons, agressive driving, or lack of respect for other people. I think you're missing the point...and the defination with all due respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDF View Post
    Could be what you say is true, Chris, but since my wife and I just celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary yesterday, not entirely sure that I would want my life to be all that different. Because of our physiques, doggy style just didn't work out for us, but missionary worked just fine for us back in the days when we could have sex. Things are a little different for us now and sex isn't really a part of our lives, although our affection for each other remains strong. I have no idea what your romantic situation is, but I heartily recommend finding someone you can love and who loves you, because you can never tell how life is going to turn out for you. Good luck to you as well...
    BigDF, you've been married for 22 years, that is incredible! Congrats, that is quite an accompishment. That shows a lot about you, didn't mean to offend you in this thread earlier, I hope you're happy in your marriage. Monogomy is something that is very difficult for me to choose...but I can appreciate somebody who is able to do that like yourself, continued success....

This topic is a bit defeatist being there aren't any genuinely "nice guys" around here to defend themselves. Besides, I don't think it's fair to label every dude with just enough self-worth and motivation a "bad boy" and in contrast liken "nice guys" to bumbling social retards.

However, I think it is pretty safe to say that men on both ends of that spectrum have serious issues getting laid. The manipulative douche bags lie about it, and the nerds don't talk about it at all. Most dudes don't fall into either category distinctly and get ass a whole lot more than nice guys or bad boys because they aren't busy trying too hard.

By the way, screw whoever first said "bad boys" are real while "nice guys" are fake. You've got that one completely backward. Usually it's the bad boys so motivated by getting some that feel the need to lie to kick it. It's not the average guys or the nice guys telling bitches they make fat wads of cash, work as doctors, drive nice cars, and live in mansions only to return home to their apartment and end up spending the rest of the night binge drinking in front of reruns and a TV dinner.

It's whatever, though. Bad boys usually hook up with really dumb bitches and as far as I'm concerned, they can keep 'em. I'd rather not associate with chicks who are so fucked in the head and hungry for attention they're willing to bunk up with just about any dude willing to remember their first name.

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris in LA View Post
    BigDF, you've been married for 22 years, that is incredible! Congrats, that is quite an accompishment. That shows a lot about you, didn't mean to offend you in this thread earlier, I hope you're happy in your marriage. Monogomy is something that is very difficult for me to choose...but I can appreciate somebody who is able to do that like yourself, continued success....
    Thank you for your kind comments and yes I am happy in my marriage and verified the same with my wife. I think monogamy is much easier to accomplish when we get older, although there are times when it is quite difficult to maintain. There are certain people I've come across on here who could really tempt me if they were anywhere nearby. I've been seriously tempted only a couple of times in this marriage and for awhile it was touch and go both times. Fortunately things worked out for the best and we're still together, but relationships are living, breathing things that are constantly evolving.

As for making that choice, it comes when you decide to devote yourself to one person and when and if that happens to you, trust me you won't even think about that as a choice. That comes later on after the shine of the new relationship wears off. But if you've found the right person for you, you find it harder to think about life with anyone else. Once again, good luck to you...

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

ever hear that saying "nice guys finish last"

well it should be "nice guys don't finish... period"

true story lol

The Gods will do for no man, what he can do for himself.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Again....I think Britt had the absolute spot on response to this. She knows exactly what the author was referring to. I tend to doubt the author had Neo Nazis in mind as she wrote the article. LOL..It's all about attitude..and has nothing to do with formal education, concealed weapons, agressive driving, or lack of respect for other people. I think you're missing the point...and the defination with all due respect.
    Can you define the attitude? Does it include having some affinity for Harley Davidson like motorcycles, acting like you 'don't give a fuck', walking with a swagger, treating women like objects, wearing Ed Hardy(!?!?!?!), or something more subtle along the lines of a Ted Bundy, Jeff Dahmer, or John Wayne Gacy type personality?

Not having the mind of a woman and having never been one to consider what a woman wants in a man I don't get this 'bad boy' thing.

For me it's worked best to be a polite and considerate gentleman. If a girl is turned off by that, then she is too immature to be with me. You can be a gentleman without kissing someones ass. For instance if a girl says something stupid im not just going to agree with her, just because she's hot. That shows you have no backbone. But if you correct her in a way that doesnt put her down, you've shown you have a backbone and are still nice all at the same time. It takes confidence to be a considerate person and nothing says hung like confidence.

I think people who love drama go searching for it. Some find it in 'bad boys' and others find it in substance abuse, talking shit to their peers etc. Who cares if you're not 'bad enough' for a woman. There are plenty of fish in the sea just move on. You're going to be 'bad enough' for somebody out there.