Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: New York Mayor Bans Smoking On Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    I guess we should go back to greasy burgers and fries with brownies for desert. That was sooooo much more healthier. Have you seen the fat ass kids in schools these days? They will grow up fat and die with diabetes and heart attacks. But I guess that's a better idea too.
    So now that you're out of school, you're fine with substituting tofu or whatever the hell for the burgers and whatnot you enjoyed, huh? What a surprise.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe it's not the food, but the fact that kids don't play outside anymore that's the problem? Remember riding your bike and playing dodgeball or hide-and-go-seek? When's the last time you saw today's kids doing that? Yet you run straight to blame food, like we had tons of fat ass kids running around in 1983 when going outside wasn't something parents had to tell their kids to do. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Something liberals never advocate.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Yeah, every gun nut's wet dream fantasy, they're going whip out their penis compensator, show everyone in sight what a man they are and shoot those nasty hoodlums in the act of committing heinous crimes. You rock batman...not.
    Ah, but you forget that without "penis compensators" there'd be not LGBT community today. There'd also be no Jews, blacks, gypsies...
    Short-sighted much?

Why not just say you don't like guns and leave it at that, as opposed to going into pseudo-intellectual babbling as to why? Guns have been used to murder innocents, yes, but guns have also been used to bring down tyrants. One-sided arguments against guns will not change those facts, particularly when they are so pitiful as to be based on comparing guns to phallic extensions. I should like to hear from some members in the UK as to how the gun ban is working for citizens there...

Last edited by TJ347; 04-13-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    "We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Ah, but you forget that without "penis compensators" there'd be not LGBT community today. There'd also be no Jews, blacks, gypsies...
    Short-sighted much?
    But then again: There wouldn't have been those problems in the first place.

The reality is that guns have never solved a single problem that they didn't create. They don't prevent crime or lower the rate either. The sad truth is that the wimps who feel the need to be armed all the time are too scared to interfere in any crime unless it's being perpetrated against them personally. Even then, they're more likely to end up dead or shooting some innocent during the low percentage of times that they would even try to deter a crime where they're the victim. Best chance is that their gun will just get taken & end up in the hands of criminals. Most gun crimes are domestic disputes that get out of hand. Lions share of the rest are committed with stolen guns. Only a pussy needs to be armed to feel safe, & that doesn't work either. They just get more paranoid.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with guns. I own guns. I grew up with guns in the house, & the latest copy of American Rifleman on the coffee table. I took all the NRA classes as a kid. (Do they even do that anymore?) I'm just sick & tired of the lame rhetorical mythology that constantly gets bandied about these days. I don't give a shit what anybody's posirion is on anything, really, but I don't want to hear any more lies.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Actually, there would have been those same problems, they just would have been dealt with using crossbows and swords. Human history shows that we never had a problem finding means to kill each other, even before guns were commonplace. Oddly, people seemingly forget that when voicing their anti-gun stance.

The reality is that the "wimps" may be afraid they'll find themselves in prison if they interfere in a crime that isn't being perpetrated against them personally. My grandfather shot and killed a man breaking into his home in 1987 and was arrested, though no charges were ever filed. This is one of countless examples of a crime being prevented (absent the breaking and entering) because a law abiding citizen had a gun, whereas you claim guns don't do that. I thus posit a story I know to be true against your claim for the consideration of whomever cares to ponder either position.

You are right about rhetoric bandied about these days regarding guns, but it comes from both sides. As to not wanting to hear anymore lies... You mention the low percentage of times armed "wimps" would even try to deter a crime where they're the victim, while page 10 of the American Rifleman has stories proving that statement to be a lie every single month of the year. Now, while I respect your position on the issue and don't have an issue with people who are indifferent to or anti guns, like you, I don't want to hear lies to support whatever position people take, pro, anti or otherwise. And yes, they still do the NRA classes.

Last edited by TJ347; 04-13-2011 at 06:39 PM.

The rhetoric is all based on a bunch of mythological memes. I don't care what any magazine article says about anything anymore. Pundits either. I bailed out of fthe NRA back in the '70s, like so many others, when Wayne laPierre took over & turned it into "just another right wing splinter group".

To hear y'all tell it, one would think the crime rate drops in corelation to any increase in gun ownership. It's crap. Americans are armed to the teeth, yet we have the highest per-capita violent crime rate in the world. Hasn't worked so far.

On the other hand, to hear the left tell it, you'd think guns are demon possessed & talk to mental patients (or those who should be) as they pass pawn shops or gun shows. Also crap.

Nobody's even trying to discuss the gun issue from any kind of realistic point of reference. The media's selling soap, & everybody else is selling bullshit. There's no "wings" here. This isn't & never has been a partisan right/left issue, despite all the attempts to make it one. Politicians are just panderers, & the media reports it as legitimate partisan positions, & y'all buy it with the soap. Don't try & feed this poisoned shit to me. I know better.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    , yet we have the highest per-capita violent crime rate in the world.
    You the one poster I tend to ignore on this forum Hippi, you spout lie after lie. I think you live so far out in la-la land you even believe your own bullshit.

America is ranked 90th in total intentional homicides per capita, years 2000 - 2009. (Only missed that one by 89 places) And 8th when ranking total "Crimes" per capita. (Far cry from "highest" per capita)

Go smoke another doobie and leave the thinking to the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    You the one poster I tend to ignore on this forum Hippi, you spout lie after lie. I think you live so far out in la-la land you even believe your own bullshit.

America is ranked 90th in total intentional homicides per capita, years 2000 - 2009. (Only missed that one by 89 places) And 8th when ranking total "Crimes" per capita. (Far cry from "highest" per capita)

Go smoke another doobie and leave the thinking to the big boys.
    Neither one of you provided any links to confirm the data so you are no better than hippi.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

According to a 2002 article in the American Journal of Public Heath, "The United States has higher rates of firearm ownership than do other developed nations, and higher rates of homicide." Moreover, "At the regional level, we found a positive and statistically significant relationship between rates of household gun ownership and homicide victimization for the entire population, for victims aged 5 to 14 years, and for victims 35 years and older..."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447364/

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ownership.html

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Neither one of you provided any links to confirm the data so you are no better than hippi.
    Its called google, I would be happy to fact check your reading. I charge $85 an hour.