Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Default Re: New York Mayor Bans Smoking On Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Only in America will we find Rambo types that think a gun makes their cock bigger

I think there is a theory is that its more a case of organ replacement than enhancement...
    LMAO! Ahhhh so you DO know how Americans think. LOL

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Of course my stretch doesn't come anywhere near the really big lie that guns deter crime.
    Yeah, because it's not like I gave you an example that proved otherwise or a clue as to where you could find additional evidence that you're wrong. As you clearly want to believe what you're saying, I won't waste time posting links to material showing the opposite to be true. Still, who's right when we can both post links to data which backs up our beliefs?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    My reference was to "violent crime", & we seem to be in the top 10 for all of them. Or at least the ones involving guns. Gee, I guess I really got caught exaggerating. Mea culpa. Of course my stretch doesn't come anywhere near the really big lie that guns deter crime. That's gotta be right up there with "tax cuts increase revenue & reduce deficits". You guys have really been brainwashed.
    Not quite Hippi. Brainwashing assumes they have brains.

You forgot, "Big businesses that get big tax breaks will trickle down their savings to their employees, and create new jobs.

A TGirl is very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Not quite Hippi. Brainwashing assumes they have brains.

You forgot, "Big businesses that get big tax breaks will trickle down their savings to their employees, and create new jobs.
    Such utter bullshit, its quite obvious we have brains. Most of us are the ones paying for all your free lunches, so lets get beyond the "brainless" comments. And your welcome for lunch.

My company, "Big business", has contributed more than $850,00 to the US treasury over the last 19 years. What contribution have you made Ineeda?

People carrying guns prevents crime, the FBI statistics prove it. Rednecks with steady hands saving the country one dead criminal at a time...

In U.S. states forbidding concealed-carry (meaning states that don’t allow law-abiding citizens to pack heat without restriction):

** There are 89% more violent crimes than in states that permit concealed carry
    ** There are 127% more murders than in states that permit concealed carry
    ** There are 25% more rapes than in states that permit concealed carry
    ** There are 96% more aggravated assaults than in states that permit concealed carry
    ** There are 106% more robberies than in states that permit concealed carry.

Put another way, the argument in defense of unlimited concealed carry looks like this: In the seven-year period following the adoption of unrestricted (or virtually so) concealed-carry handgun laws, affects U.S. states saw an average…

** 27% reduction in violent crime
    ** 31% reduction in murders
    ** 16% reduction in robberies
    ** 26% reduction in aggravated assault

Read more: Bias Against Guns http://dailyreckoning.com/bias-against-guns/#ixzz1JbV5b8h4

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Such utter bullshit, its quite obvious we have brains. Most of us are the ones paying for all your free lunches, so lets get beyond the "brainless" comments. And your welcome for lunch.

My company, "Big business", has contributed more than $850,00 to the US treasury over the last 19 years. What contribution have you made Ineeda?

People carrying guns prevents crime, the FBI statistics prove it. Rednecks with steady hands saving the country one dead criminal at a time...

In U.S. states forbidding concealed-carry (meaning states that don’t allow law-abiding citizens to pack heat without restriction):

** There are 96% more aggravated assaults than in states that permit concealed carry

Put another way, the argument in defense of unlimited concealed carry looks like this: In the seven-year period following the adoption of unrestricted (or virtually so) concealed-carry handgun laws, affects U.S. states saw an average…

Read more: Bias Against Guns http://dailyreckoning.com/bias-again...#ixzz1JbV5b8h4
    It's pretty clear that posting stats isn't going to stop INeedaBrain from his inane ranting, but neither is it going to convert those who still have the ability to spark multiple brain cells as they can similarly post links to stats saying the opposite. I guess I just wonder what the point of it all is when people on either side have drawn a line and the sand, so to speak. With the exception of Hippi, who says he grew up around and even owns guns, the rest of these folks are reciting talking points and have no actual point of reference to begin with, but... Carry on leading the horses to water, I guess.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Read more: Bias Against Guns http://dailyreckoning.com/bias-against-guns/#ixzz1JbV5b8h4
    OH how typical of a right wing lying asshole to use a right wing website like The Daily Reckoning to push your bull shit. Those stats are so far from the truth it isn't funny. Who are you going to quote next to prove your crap? Glenn Beck, Rupert Murdock, Rush Limburger or maybe ONMYKNEES. LMAO! Come up with REAL stats and we'll talk.

And of course I would expect TJ347 to be kissing your ass. He is just another brainless republican follower who beleives anything a right winger says without questioning it or checking to see if it's true or not.

FALDUR, I pay for my own lunches. I am retired. I worked my ass off to pay it in, now I am getting it back. I have put in my years of hard work, and I have paid more than my fair share of taxes as a small business owner, while fat cat big businesses pay little to nothing because of GOP loopholes that were not available to me. If your "Big Business" only paid less than $45,000 each year for 19 years, then you completely understand about those tax loopholes. Or most likely, you lied and don't have any business at all. You obviously do not know what a big business pays into the fed.

You are just another right wing TROLL here to stir the pot of hate and racism with lie after lie. Go back to the FoxGOP website where your bull shit is appreciated. You are not going to convert anyone here to your bull shit propaganda, so stop wasting yours and our time.

A TGirl is very special.

Like i thought, toss out rhetoric with no proof. I posted stats.. prove they are wrong.

I used "Big Business" because thats what the country and the federal government think of small business. GE pays nothing in taxes and small business pays 35% each and every year. Raise taxes on the rich, for fuck sakes thats small business.

Last edited by Faldur; 04-16-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

For me the point is that the relationship between guns and crime is an elective one -certainly in the UK if a 21-year old Afro-Caribbean who lives in social housing in a run-down part of London or Manchester tries to get a licence to own a gun he is wasting his time, if he wants the gun to commit a crime he -or anyone else of any background- will know how to get one same as scoring a bag of dope -and these are the people who are most likely to use the gun in a robbery or score-settling with another gang and either shoot another gangster or an innocent bystander.

I don't know how you can calculate that gun-ownership reduces crime when in the US as far as I can see, most gun-owners are not wannabee or actual hoodlums; the only other incidences outside crime when I see guns being used are when an individual goes ape-shit because he wants to rule the world or get his revenge on a world that doesn't recognise his genius; or when a 10 year old finds his dad's rifle points the trigger at his sister or relative and shoots them.

Incidentally, I am sure BM are aware that a substantial number of Arabs are armed, and think it quite normal -US troops when they first got to Iraq in 2003 were I think alarmed and intimidated by this and there were too many shootings over this cultural misundersanding.

Like i thought, toss out rhetoric with no proof. I posted stats.. prove they are wrong.
    OH PLEASE! You got those stats from "The Daily Reckoning". They are as much right wing liars as you are. Anyone who visits their site can clearly see it. You might as well been quoting Fox news. You republicans think the rest of the world is stupid enough to buy your bull shit.

I used "Big Business" because thats what the country and the federal government think of small business. GE pays nothing in taxes and small business pays 35% each and every year. Raise taxes on the rich, for fuck sakes thats small business.
    And to say the government thinks small businesses are actually big businesses shows just how pathetic you are. If you hate GE paying no taxes while the little guys pays a lot, then join the democratic club. We have been arguing that shit for years. The republican congress under Reagan and Bush made it possible, and the GOP is going through every step to keep it that way. Tell the republicans to stop allowing it to be that way. They invented the fucking loopholes that make it happen.

We dems want to raise taxes on the fucking rich, and you republicans keep saying no, yet you bitch that GE doesn't pay taxes and you do. You can't have it both ways sonny boy. Pick one side or the other. If you want GE to pay taxes, then you side with the dems. That's what we have always wanted. If you want the rich to get tax breaks or pay nothing, then stick with your GOP assholes.

A TGirl is very special.