Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default New York Mayor Bans Smoking On Beach

Have you ever heard anything so stupid?

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: New York Mayor Bans Smoking On Beach

[QUOTE=JamesHunt;902266]Have you ever heard anything so stupid?[/QUOTE

No..I haven't. And when people like me tell people like them them that government is seeping into every facet of thier lives they call me a right wing nazi. Look at the fiasco with the new light bulbs ...you need the EPA if you drop one on the floor, and now certain municipalities will not allow them in the trash. These people are fucking crazy....no..they really are. They need government to tell them when to wipe thier ass.

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

[quote=onmyknees;902280]
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Have you ever heard anything so stupid?[/QUOTE

No..I haven't. And when people like me tell people like them them that government is seeping into every facet of thier lives they call me a right wing nazi. Look at the fiasco with the new light bulbs ...you need the EPA if you drop one on the floor, and now certain municipalities will not allow them in the trash. These people are fucking crazy....no..they really are. They need government to tell them when to wipe thier ass.
    Just like a good little republican, you are blowing things way out of proportion. The new light bulbs do not have enough of anything dangerous in them to worry or even think about. If one breaks, you sweep it up and throw it in the trash just like you would a regular bulb. Who is going to stop you from throwing a little light bulb in the trash? The NY Light Bulb Police?

As for the No smoking on a public beach, it is going way too far. I guess a few assholes complained that, "...some bad man near me was blowing his smoke in my direction and I almost choked to death." as she inhales the worse air pollution on the east coast, and swims in the hospital waste. Some people just need to be smacked silly.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

[quote=onmyknees;902280]
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Have you ever heard anything so stupid?[/QUOTE

We know that tobacco is certainly bad for us. As is red meat. As is, well, coffee. So, we focus on education, prevention and treatment. Pretty simple stuff.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I agree. Public beaches should be free of public strictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pol013a_700.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	380663  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

[quote=Ineeda SM;902295]
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post

Just like a good little republican, you are blowing things way out of proportion. The new light bulbs do not have enough of anything dangerous in them to worry or even think about. If one breaks, you sweep it up and throw it in the trash just like you would a regular bulb. Who is going to stop you from throwing a little light bulb in the trash? The NY Light Bulb Police?

As for the No smoking on a public beach, it is going way too far. I guess a few assholes complained that, "...some bad man near me was blowing his smoke in my direction and I almost choked to death." as she inhales the worse air pollution on the east coast, and swims in the hospital waste. Some people just need to be smacked silly.
    You're an idiot who doesn't think for himself and just swallows what your told as gospel. Read this moron......and next time before you open your mouth....do your research. Morons like you help pass these laws then have no idea of the unintended consequences. And I'm not good, and I'm not a Republican, but you're obviously a lemming.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/29356444.html

[quote=Ineeda SM;902295]
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post

CBS Touts FDA Taking On 'Caloric Catastrophe' of Movie Theater Popcorn

By Kyle Drennen | March 24, 2011 | 17:53

In a report for Thursday's CBS Early Show, contributor Taryn Winter Brill fretted over the impact of movie theater popcorn on Americans' waistlines: "Have you ever wondered how many calories you're actually consuming in that large popcorn with butter? You probably don't want to know. Pretty soon, though, you may not have a choice."

Moments later, nutritionist Katherine Brooking declared the popular concession treat to be "a calorie bomb waiting to explode." Brill then touted a government solution to the problem: "Hoping to defuse this high caloric catastrophe, the FDA is working on a provision in the health care law requiring chain establishments which serve food to list the calorie count of their menu items." She added that Brooking and others "applaud the move."
    Near the end of her report, Brill explained that "Movie theater chains are pushing back, though, arguing the original health care bill was never intended to include them." She cheered how "Undeterred, the FDA is looking to sound the alarm on hidden calories. And ultimately shift Americans toward a healthier lifestyle."

Co-host Chris Wragge asked Brill about the movie theater industry's opposition to the new regulations: "Why are they so resistant?" Brill replied: "Well, it's all about money. Believe it or not these concession stand items, they generate one-third of the total revenue. So this is a significant number. Specifically popcorn.... they're thinking you put those calorie numbers up, those profits of popcorn sales, way down."

On March 15, Brill did a similar food police segment on breakfast cereal, claiming that cartoon "cereal offenders" on the boxes were "targeting" kids.

Just let me know what you think the FDA should be looking into next !!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I agree. Public beaches should be free of public strictures.

Trish....obviously not a beach used by Tea Partiers .....they clean up after themselves !!!!!!! LMAO

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

They don't need to clean up, they wear adult diapers. But of course you miss the point: if everybody can do what they please on the commons, then there's no stricture against banning together to protect the commons from the selfish and the greedy.

Last edited by trish; 03-25-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.