Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: AT&T buys T-Mobile

Some of you a alot more 'techie' than I could ever hope to be. Guys...I just want a phone, that works like a phone, without a bulldozer being rammed up my ass. I don't mind the camera, the text capability (although I do very little), voice mail, etc. But, I neither need nor desire something that consumes the majority of my day to operate. I subscribe to the KISS method. I don't give a fuck about 3G, 4G or 10,000G. IMHO, if that stuff consumes you that much...You need to get a frickin' life!!! I enjoy T-Mobile, for their simplicity. I left At&T because of poor customer service when I went to T-Mobile. I, for a short time added a Verizon Wireless account and, putting it as nicely as I can...they're a Total Piece of Shit. If I should go postal before I die...they are #1 on my to do list!

That's all I've got to say....

Veteran Poster

You'll be kissing T-Mobile goodbye with or without the acquisition. Any carrier who is not part of LTE will be out of business. It's that simple. 3G simply can not compete with 4x4 LTE.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE View Post
    I just want a phone, that works like a phone, without a bulldozer being rammed up my ass.
    What, you mean you don't need a phone that lets you take pictures, listen to music, find your way when you're lost and lets you fuck around on the internet when you should be working?
    Luddite!!!
    Me too!
    My 3120 gets a signal in the arse end of nowhere, my all singing all dancing smart [fukkin ironic, that is!] phone's lucky if it can get a signal under a fukkin cell tower...And the battery life's for shit!

Last edited by Jericho; 03-23-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    What, you mean you don't need a phone that lets you take pictures, listen to music, find your way when you're lost and lets you fuck around on the internet when you should be working?
    Luddite!!!
    Me too!
    My 3120 gets a signal in the arse end of nowhere, my all singing all dancing smart [fukkin ironic, that is!] phone's lucky if it can get a signal under a fukkin cell tower...And the battery life's for shit!
    Pit voice service on LTE 700mhz against any GSM/CDMA 3G on any 1800/1900 while your indoor and you'll be sucking LTE dick all day and all night.

700mhz LTE is the game changer for in-home/indoor wireless reception.... and T-Mobile didn't get a piece of that ass. They are effectively frozen out of LTE.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Junior Poster

i hate xingular = AT-T service i was happy with t-mobile my luck i own 8 different cellphones and are gsm no way to another company

Junior Poster

BellSouth Wireless + Cingular Wireless + ATT Wireless + ??
    i hope they keep the unlimited data

Less competition is never good for the market I believe.

And for those that say that T-Mobile would be broke 8 years down the road anyway or something along those lines... well... I don't know.

I still remember when in 1997 Michael Dell went out and said that the way to fix apple was to "shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders", I think no one, not even Steve Jobs himself would have predicted that Apple would be the monster it is today (more than 10 times the value of Dell, and second in market cap only to Exxon), yet had they decided to do as Michael Dell said, none of that growth would have ever happened.

I won't argue whether the products of Apple are good, bad, whatever, but, it would certainly be different if they just closed shop, or got absorbed by Sun (now Oracle), like they almost did at some point back in the days.

Now, I won't say that T-Mobile is the next Apple, but who knows what might happen in the future. The only thing we know about the future of the cellphone industry is... one year down the road there will be even less competition than today, and all of the crap that such a thing implies for the end user and consumer.

Just my opinion.

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Luddite!!!
    Me too!
    I got rid of my cellphone when I retired...and for the most part don't miss it. I do miss pay phones tho!

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

Rookie Poster

as long as when i'm overseas i get the same level of service i do now with tmobile i'll be happy. of course this isn't going to happen.

Texas Lady Junior Poster Brandi Boots's Avatar

Tmob had some great plans but imho, the users will be happier because of the expanded coverage and speed. just my $2