Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: AT&T buys T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Remeber when T-Mobile use to be Voicestream?
    Hell, I remember when T-Mobile was Omnipoint! They only did pre-paid back then and it was mad expensive.

~BB~

Professional Poster NatashaLover's Avatar

AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, they all suck. I love Sprint!

"Flush Beats a Full House"

"Gold is not the only thing that shines baby!"

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    I'm not offering testimony on AT&T's service because everyone knows it's shitty. The merging of the networks will help this to some degree but improving GSM coverage is not the aim of this merger. The aim is to save what's left of T-Mobile and AT&T gets subscibers.

Believe me, you all want this acquisition, you just don't know it. An independent T-Mobile would be bankrupt in 8 years. They don't own much 4g spectrum and they don't have the pockets to bankroll spectrum acquisition.... or at least they don't have the full participation of DT on that front. Verizon didn't want them because absorbing their technology would be too costly. Sprint couldn't afford them either.

You don't get it. The reason their service is shitty is because their business strategy is to squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty. That policy is not going to change with the acquisition of t-mobile. In fact it's going to be worse since they have to bankroll $39 billion.

In the end, all of AT&T's customers and all of T-Mobile's customers are going to be left with AT&T's crappy quality of service, except, well, being slightly worse. That's what I'm talking about here.

3G, 4G, LTE, it doesn't matter. The technology isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and business practices. The business wins and the consumers lose. And, given few options (which is why antitrust laws are supposed to be enforced), innovation is discouraged, and we're stuck with garbage.

Still happy about this?

Last edited by Nowhere; 03-21-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Junior Poster

oh that t mobile girl is so hot

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    You don't get it. The reason their service is shitty is because their business strategy is to squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty. That policy is not going to change with the acquisition of t-mobile. In fact it's going to be worse since they have to bankroll $39 billion.

In the end, all of AT&T's customers and all of T-Mobile's customers are going to be left with AT&T's crappy quality of service, except, well, being slightly worse. That's what I'm talking about here.

3G, 4G, LTE, it doesn't matter. The technology isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and business practices. The business wins and the consumers lose. And, given few options (which is why antitrust laws are supposed to be enforced), innovation is discouraged, and we're stuck with garbage.

Still happy about this?
    They still charge 42 dollars for 6 mb DSL extreme as they call it. Well that was all fine and dandy back in 05 but this is 2011 you're still charging an arm and a leg for the slowest service outside of satellite service?

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel View Post
    And if you think LTE deployment will be successful under the new AT&T/T-Mobile setup you're kidding yourself

no one will ever bet Verizon in LTE, period

DT wanted to dump T-Mobile and even if the FCC goes against this buyout the company still gets split up, a win for DT
    AT&T would have to pay DT a $3 Billion failure fee if FCC or DOJ kills this deal.
    No way they risk that dough if there were any doubts over ultimate approval.
    Now watch the politicians in the US and Germany grandstand about possible job losses and monopolistic abuse, but at the end of the day they'll fall in line with the demands of big business.
    They always do

Whale Shit!!!

Gold Poster

gotta be a ringer - boom-boom

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

JWBL, the merged company won't have to offer any buyouts to customers. I was in this industry. we're talking customers, not shareholders. Existing T-mobile customers will be lucky to get the current rates 'guaranteed' until expiration of their contracts - there won't be any free phones, etc., unless they (ATT) offers some new phone at a new rate at some discount - all for a nice long 2 yr or more stranglehold. I've had several carriers - none perfect, (t-mobile at present with no commitment). We'll see.

BTW, the current ATT is not the original, SBC bought ATT a few years ago and then renamed itself ATT, to keep the name recognition. Ma Bell actually got eaten by one of its Baby Bells!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    JWBL, the merged company won't have to offer any buyouts to customers. I was in this industry. we're talking customers, not shareholders. Existing T-mobile customers will be lucky to get the current rates 'guaranteed' until expiration of their contracts - there won't be any free phones, etc., unless they (ATT) offers some new phone at a new rate at some discount - all for a nice long 2 yr or more stranglehold. I've had several carriers - none perfect, (t-mobile at present with no commitment). We'll see.

BTW, the current ATT is not the original, SBC bought ATT a few years ago and then renamed itself ATT, to keep the name recognition. Ma Bell actually got eaten by one of its Baby Bells!
    Being in the industry right now, I can tell you since last night the word has been the possibility of offering buyouts to customers, especially those on grandfathered plans in fear of a possible major lawsuit. There are ALWAYS free phones, don't be fooled, every day I laugh at a cell phone veteran calling up any of the companies and threatening to go to another carrier and getting a $500 phone without a data plan, say what you want it happens.......

regarding my friend Pomo who says I don't know what I'm talking about (LMAO at that) you stated
    Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    You're lost. T-Mobile had a snowballs chance in hell of competing in LTE which is why DT wanted to dump T-Mobile (they saw it too costly to follow through on any new technology even to the point of branding their fast 3G as 4G). Everyone knew that LTE for T-Mobile was cost prohibitive. So DT gets to save face, makes some nice coin and gets a stake in AT&T (not a bad deal for them). AT&T gets subscribers, subscribers, subscribers.
    Show me where I EVER said T-Mobile wanted to compete in LTE?!?
    All I said was if you think the combo of AT&T/T-Mobile with LTE (something AT&T has been desperately trying to work on for months now) will compete with Verizon you're kidding yourself........ This morning AT&T themselves proved me wrong in an earlier post saying they were going to adapt the 1700mHz spectrum and not abandon it in order to get a better network out to 95% of their customers (something they said until this merger was never expected to be possible) so I'll take credit for being mistaken about that, but not once did I ever say T-Mobile themselves was working on some form of LTE, they've been pushing HSPA+ for quite sometime.......

-JWBL

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ