Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Honest thoughts of the Republican party from a Trans perceptive

Ok so here is the deal...I am a trans, and I do work for the Republican party, but the party has no idea that I am trans. I hide it well during the day and it helps that I was born with the frame of a dump truck! From working inside politics the last 1o years I can say for certain it is not as negative as you think. I would say that 90 % of the trans community votes democratic, but there are the Republican transgendered voters out there who are very patriotic and support the party whole heartedly. I am certain that most Republican leaders are NOT HOMOPHPBIC or are suppressing your ideas or rights. I would honestly like to think that I could "Transition" as a party member and still be as respected as I am now. I would like to know what your thoughts of the party are towards trans folk?
    Have you had many negative interactions with Republicans? Are you SURE that at the end of the day the Democrats REALLY have your best interests at heart?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Honest thoughts of the Republican party from a Trans perceptive

I am not an American but I don't think reactions to trans or indeed any sexuality issues are shaped by political idelogy -Conservatives in politics do have a reputation for being narrow-minded and the American conservative who is also obsessed with biblical comments may be hostile, but I think activists are more interested in votes than values, so I think its down to the individual trans-person and how they interact with their colleagues at the local level. Not sure how this translates into policy issues over the pond. What is your main policy concern?

Well tell them that you are a trans and see what happens then. Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They are gay republicans that typically aren't even claimed by the regular republican.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I am not an American but I don't think reactions to trans or indeed any sexuality issues are shaped by political idelogy -Conservatives in politics do have a reputation for being narrow-minded and the American conservative who is also obsessed with biblical comments may be hostile, but I think activists are more interested in votes than values, so I think its down to the individual trans-person and how they interact with their colleagues at the local level. Not sure how this translates into policy issues over the pond. What is your main policy concern?
    Well mostly I think that most Democrats are more interested in selling "Ideas" rather than facts when it comes to the gay & Trans commuinty. In truth Republicans spend just as much money in thier buget plans on gay & Trans community as democrats, but Republicans get all of the hell for being "homophbic" by cutting spending on certain gay & trans issues when all they are doing is making cuts ACROSS THE BOARD to try to balance the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Well tell them that you are a trans and see what happens then. Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They are gay republicans that typically aren't even claimed by the regular republican.
    Yes I know who are the Log Cabin Republicans are and they are not "hated" their money goes to The party officals they support.

There is an other group called goproud that has a lot of got ideas and resources.

www.goproud.org

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    Yes I know who are the Log Cabin Republicans are and they are not "hated" their money goes to The party officals they support.

There is an other group called goproud that has a lot of got ideas and resources.

www.goproud.org
    I didn't say they hated them I just said they don't claim them. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Rookie Poster

libertarian here and nra life member, but mostly vote repub. since most elections i have no horse in the race

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    Ok so here is the deal...I am a trans, and I do work for the Republican party, but the party has no idea that I am trans. I hide it well during the day and it helps that I was born with the frame of a dump truck! From working inside politics the last 1o years I can say for certain it is not as negative as you think. I would say that 90 % of the trans community votes democratic, but there are the Republican transgendered voters out there who are very patriotic and support the party whole heartedly. I am certain that most Republican leaders are NOT HOMOPHPBIC or are suppressing your ideas or rights. I would honestly like to think that I could "Transition" as a party member and still be as respected as I am now. I would like to know what your thoughts of the party are towards trans folk?
    Have you had many negative interactions with Republicans? Are you SURE that at the end of the day the Democrats REALLY have your best interests at heart?
    Erika, I don't understand how you or anyone here can support the GOP who thinks you are a sick, perverted, abomination of nature. And they think you are mentally ill and need special help. The GOP goes against everything this website and it's users stand for. I am not speaking about any one republican in particular, I am talking about what the party line itself has preached openly.

The democratic party says you should be allowed to be who you are now if that is what you want. They think you should be allowed to marry, and have all the rights of any citizen. You are a human being in their eyes and not a freak of nature like the GOP thinks you are.

I am not trying to be critical of your beliefs, I am rather just curious how you can be on the side that would reject you in a second if they knew the truth about you. And just for that reason.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

The only thing anybdy knows about any party anymore is the rhetoric, pro & con. Both the major parties have a constant battle on their hands trying to keep the negative rhetoric from becoming true. They're constantly fighting off the fanatics who would claim to speak for the party, whether they had anything to do with putting the platform together or not. Who in here has ever actually read a party platform? Of course not. We have talking heads all over the electronic media telling us what it says, pro & con. It's spun & twisted until even the authors are unsure what it says. So it just comes down to who's lies you want to believe.

As for the fanatics: They tend to infest any kind of organization even remotely leans in their direction. If the organization isn't vigilant, the group gets pegged as the fanatics because they end up doing all the talking.

Democrats have to fend off the crackpot commies in all their various manifestations, who want to destroy the market place & have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not. You have everybody from the Chompskyites(the professional left) to the hard core zanies who want to ban meat. They also have the lion's share of the protectionist crowd, but not all. It's a gigantic pain in the ass, but actually the dems have it easy.

Republicans have a triple whammy to deal with. They have the religious nuts who would turn America into a theocracy in a heartbeat if they had the chance. They've already had a grip on the laws of the land, & now they're losing it, & they're really pissed about it. They have the fascists. The real ideological/economic fascists who believe in corporate control of government. They've kinda got the party by the balls right now. It could be a problem. Folks like to think they have some sayso. Then to top it off, they have the damn klan/nazis. They can fuck up a party image in a hurry. Gotta wonder if it ever occured to anyone that these assholes would come along with the "southern strategy". If it did, what does that say about cynicism at the top? Or maybe even ideology & attitudes toward other people? Regardless, the republican fanatics are the same as the democratic fanatics in that they'd have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not.

Both major parties are infested by crooks & liars. It's all about image. Nobody's looking too good nowadays, are they? We live in a "gotcha" society. As a party, if you let the fanatics become your mouthpiece, you become the party of those fanatics.

Not all republicans are homophobes. Everybody knows that. But the loudest homophobes, the ones in front of the cameras, are almost all republicans. Whatcha gonna do? The debate from the republican side is being framed by the nuts. Stupid & ignorant ones too, who don't have their facts straight & just make shit up as they go. The republicans have a real image problem. But as long as everybody's fed up with politics, & nobody shows up to vote, they'll keep winning.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Erika, I don't understand how you or anyone here can support the GOP who thinks you are a sick, perverted, abomination of nature. And they think you are mentally ill and need special help. The GOP goes against everything this website and it's users stand for. I am not speaking about any one republican in particular, I am talking about what the party line itself has preached openly.

The democratic party says you should be allowed to be who you are now if that is what you want. They think you should be allowed to marry, and have all the rights of any citizen. You are a human being in their eyes and not a freak of nature like the GOP thinks you are.

I am not trying to be critical of your beliefs, I am rather just curious how you can be on the side that would reject you in a second if they knew the truth about you. And just for that reason.
    Well I disagree strongly with your comments, but I will say that the Republican party is the party of "Family Values" and yet it does have room for gay and trans members. The idea is that Democats always hold a big carrot in front of the gay and trans commuinty and says; "follow me I will lead you to the promised land" and what do they really do? Give a SMALL percentage more than Republcans on aids research and community programs for gay and trans folk. For this they are seen as Angels and Republicans are the Devil.