Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Japanese Apocalypse Live On TV

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Pray.

Why would anyone try to insert religion into this, and how could praying help? Either god doesn't give a damn anyway, or s/he's a a sadist for allowing it to happen, or there is no god.

Or, if you're a religious conservative, you find other reasons for why disasters happen:

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    Why would anyone try to insert religion into this, and how could praying help? Either god doesn't give a damn anyway, or s/he's a a sadist for allowing it to happen, or there is no god.
    God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
    —Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by iamdrgonzo View Post
    God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
    —Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125

Losers love Nietzsche: http://www.slate.com/id/2281133/

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

Losers love Nietzsche: http://www.slate.com/id/2281133/
    Que Sera Sera

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

This is a perfect time to explain why I don't support nationalistic mentality. Am a citizen of the earth. When person from Japan or anywhere in the world is hurt, am hurt also. As part of the human race, I am asking you to pray for Japan and the whole earth. Let us pray for all the Living creatures. love you Japan.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I am a Citizen Of The United States. I was born here and I will die here. Japan is more than an ally. They are a good friend. That's my motivation.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaTorres View Post
    This is a perfect time to explain why I don't support nationalistic mentality. Am a citizen of the earth. When person from Japan or anywhere in the world is hurt, am hurt also. As part of the human race, I am asking you to pray for Japan and the whole earth. Let us pray for all the Living creatures. love you Japan.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls...for it tolls for thee."

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Sorry people. Some of the avatars I have seen so far seemed pretty harsh. But if it bothers people, give me some time to change it. I certainly do not want to offend anyone.

Fuck them...put the avatar up you want. Don't let these pikers lead you around. I can deal with a bad avatar if you're a good poster, but a bad avatar, and a bad poster....makes me upset. LOL

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Or, if you're a religious conservative, you find other reasons for why disasters happen:

only a misreable bitter ignorant homophobe like you could, or would turn a post about a hoffiffic tradgey made in good faith into a anti religious, political free for all. You're somewhere beneath contempt. You don't wish to pray or don't believe in a higer being....that's your perrogative, but don't shit on everybody else with your tired old routine during such a tradgey. You hijack nearly every thread with your twisted paranoia. Have you no shame or sence of decency you piece of shit? You're a person off ill repute. My only regret is that you and your bigoted, homophobic views weren't in one of those cars swept out to sea.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Fuck them...put the avatar up you want. Don't let these pikers lead you around. I can deal with a bad avatar if you're a good poster, but a bad avatar, and a bad poster....makes me upset. LOL
    Pssst! Good try!

tippinnottrippin
    "Dat Nigga" next door!