View Poll Results: Do Jews Talk About The Holocaust Too Much?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

17 60.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Do Jews Talk About The Holocaust Too Much?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The core question is do Jews talk about the Holocaust too much: but it should be, How is the Holocaust discussed.
    To the core question: My opinion is yes.

To your Question: There's no discussion at all. You're told what to think & say. If you deviate, or question any aspect for any reason, you're anti-semitic. End of discussion. What? Is there more to it? Wouldn't know it by the update on this thread since yesterday.

How long have you & I been bantering back & forth? You know my position on bigotry. You should also know by now that I'm not one for toeing somebody else's line. Like I said: No skin in the game. I'm not Jewish or European, & I don't understand why anyone would think that I should have some special emotional connection to this particular event. I really have no connection at all, emotional of otherwise. There's lots & lots of events. If I got emotional about them all, my head would explode. I can't & won't give deferential treatment to one group over another based on number totals. I'm not sympathetic to someone who's only harm is emotional empathy for somebody else. I refuse to feel guilt for something I wasn't involved in. If that's anti-semitic, then so be it. It'd just reinforce my contention that the term has no meaning anymore.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

Why does OP constantly post Jewish related topics on this forum. I give you that he is one of the biggest ANTI SEMITES on here. This is not the appropriate forum for this discussion.

Gold Poster

Hippifried,
    I did think you were anti-semitic but now I'm not so sure you're not just a little bit dumb. Not only do you fail to address any of the substantive points I make about your posts, but your sentences are trainwrecks and you seem unable to write more than two sentences without a cliche. For instance, you say that being called an anti-semite doesn't mean anything. Yet, it was enough for you to use profanity and to continue to post here. I think you're an anti-semitic cliche machine.

You said earlier that you think the Holocaust shouldn't be discussed because afterall you are a great grandfather and even you weren't alive during the Holocaust. Wouldn't you know that the event had a date that doesn't depend on the incredibly short generational times of your family. I'll have you know that if you're complaining, there are actually condom vending machines in most public restrooms these days. Next thing you're going to tell me that a family in Alabama has had eight generations of family members in the last seventy years.

I shouldn't have called you an anti-semite without first considering the other possibilities. For instance, I read something about antisocial personality disorder and it said that many of these individuals can skin kittens alive with the impassivity of someone cutting a steak. That might be the ticket. There's also the possibility that you don't read your posts after you've written them and aren't aware of some of the gibberish you write. Anyhow, I can't think of a possible defense of you that doesn't involve a deeper-seated problem than anti-semitism.

But I'll keep looking. Be sure to check in with us when you become a great great great grandfather.

Gold Poster

[QUOTE=hippifried;1137595] You know my position on bigotry. QUOTE]
    Let me guess, you're against it. Just like when Stavros said you haven't said you dislike Jews because they're Jews. Until you say it, you couldn't possibly be a racist, eh?

Gold Poster

Oh and I'll let you have the last word Hippifried. I've said my piece.

[quote=broncofan;1137786]
    Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    You know my position on bigotry. QUOTE]
    Let me guess, you're against it. Just like when Stavros said you haven't said you dislike Jews because they're Jews. Until you say it, you couldn't possibly be a racist, eh?
    Hey shithead. The hatred I see being spewed in here is coming from you. You've done nothing but lie in this thread. I don't know why & don't care. You aren't important enough for me to care why you do what you do. Dishonesty to justify hatred pretty much defines an asshole. As far as I'm concerned, I just see you as another whiney punk who's willing to lie about empathy for somebody else's misfortune in order to justify being an asshole. Is that accurate? Who cares? It's my opinion of you, & since I don't respect you at all, it's not likely to change. You've shown me nothing.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by luvshemales View Post
    Why does OP constantly post Jewish related topics on this forum. I give you that he is one of the biggest ANTI SEMITES on here. This is not the appropriate forum for this discussion.
    this is politics and religion which is basically a wildcard for whatever's on your mind. Something you'd be reluctant to post on your fb or twitter page but here we're all retarded so no need to be shy. And I think the op was actually a very intriguing question, being that I'm from a Jewish background who has heard about the holocaust since I was little.