Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Can We Finally Put Another Myth to Rest?

Shocking...........I know and difficult to accept for some of you. But can we finally stop this charade of an independent, objective news organazation? As if the aftermath of the Juan Williams affiar wasn't enough for some of you ....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Can We Finally Put Another Myth to Rest?

Not a myth. So you got a boring (even after it was edited) twelve minutes of a couple of NPR reporters talking to some jerks posing as fronts for an Islamic organization and talking about the absence of Muslim voices in modern media. Whooaaa....damning...not. Now O'Reilly, on the other hand, actually claims there's palm trees in Wisconsin and autumn leaves in the summer time on the Washington Mall. You wanna talk about bias in the media, Fox set the standard. You claim NPR is biased, then show me the palm trees.

Last edited by trish; 03-09-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

muslims are very cunning

live with honour

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    muslims are very cunning
    Almost as cunning as christians.

I find it interesting how after the 1st crusade, christians conquered and entered Jerusalem and then proceeded to slaughter many, many unarmed muslims, including women and children.

Then the muslims defeated the christians during the 2nd crusade. They entered Jerusalem and spared the christians who lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    Almost as cunning as christians.

I find it interesting how after the 1st crusade, christians conquered and entered Jerusalem and then proceeded to slaughter many, many unarmed muslims, including women and children.

Then the muslims defeated the christians during the 2nd crusade. They entered Jerusalem and spared the christians who lived there.
    Huh?????? LMAO. Save the history lesson it's not really needed. I believe he was being ironic. The purpose of the post was to point out the obvious ( except To Trish) . The fact it was muslim imposters that solicited the remarks is rather irrelevent.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Not a myth. So you got a boring (even after it was edited) twelve minutes of a couple of NPR reporters talking to some jerks posing as fronts for an Islamic organization and talking about the absence of Muslim voices in modern media. Whooaaa....damning...not. Now O'Reilly, on the other hand, actually claims there's palm trees in Wisconsin and autumn leaves in the summer time on the Washington Mall. You wanna talk about bias in the media, Fox set the standard. You claim NPR is biased, then show me the palm trees.
    Trish...you are on a major FAIL campaign recently. Are you feeling well ? Damning not?? He's gone, and now his soulmate Viv Shiller ( the bitch) is gone too. I'd say loosing 2 high level executives is damning ...but maybe you need to be struck by lightining to get the point !! With respect to Fox and the palm tress....another colossial fail...From the left wing website Mediaite.......(below)

Trish light a candle for the bias, jew hating, Tea Party bashing, racist, disgusting Shiller twins, and light another one for the public funding of NPR. Can you say.....POOF...GONE ? LOL

No, Fox News Did Not Lie With “Wisconsin Palm Tree” Violent Protest Video

by Jon Bershad | March 2nd, 2011
    video The [url][URL="http://www.google.com/search?q=wisconsin+palm+tree&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a#q=wisconsin+palm+tree&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&bav= on.2,or.&fp=7e644e0018037e50"]Internet is abuzz this morning with a story that Fox News has "lied" in showing a video of an angry union protester from California ostensibly claiming the clip is from Wisconsin. The "Palm Tree lie" (described as such because the tropical trees in the background of the protest video proves deception) is the [URL="http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/fvimk/hey_fox_there_are_no_palm_trees_in_madison_wi/"]top [URL="http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/fvkn6/foxnews_blatantly_lies_showing_violent_wisconsin/"]two stories on Reddit\'s Politics board this morning. Yes, the 43-second clip that\'s being , looks like Fox News lied, but watching the actual segment for context makes it clear that they did not.

You can deny all you want but Fox lied their asses off in their coverage of Wisconsin including deliberately showing the wrong tape (not catching those palms trees themselves) in a lame effort to paint the union supporters as boisterous and potentially violent. For shame...but not a surprise as we know they habitually show the wrong crowd footage whenever they want people to believe they have more support than they do. Moreover, no one...no one at Fox ever resigned over these deliberate misrepresentations. Hell, no one at Fox is even embarrassed by them. NPR simply can't hold a candle to that kind of bias. Show me the palm trees.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Cenk Uygur of TYT and MSNBC explains REICHwing nutjob political hitjob on NPR. As usual, he nails it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A free press, is not one influenced by government funding. You cannot remain impartial when your day to day operation is dependent on government funds. Separation of press and state, eliminate funding of the regime news organizations, NPR/PBS.

A free press, is not one influenced by government funding. You cannot remain impartial when your day to day operation is dependent on government funds. Separation of press and state, eliminate funding of the regime news organizations, NPR/PBS.
    Well the evidence simply goes against your hypothesis. NPR, PBS in the U.S. (I always wonder why you conservatives leave out VOA in all these discussions...separation of press and state is not in the constitution, the federalist papers or any other writings pertinent to the constitution...admit it, you just made it up), the BBC in Britain are among the most well respected new agencies in the world and are touted by those in the business and those outside as being as fair, balanced and reasoned as it's possible for news to be. Watch the PBS News Hour on a regular basis for a month and tell me afterward they don't do an excellent job of providing intelligent voices on both sides of the day's issues and that their questioning isn't deep or that their monitoring isn't courteous and fair.