Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Clemency bid denied for Stanley Tookie Williams

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/12/wi...ion/index.html

I didn't think that Schwarzenegger would have denied clemency.

Veteran Poster

Neither did the California 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, the most liberal court in the nation. The Ca. Supreme Court turned him down also. The guy is guilty.

Junior Poster

everyone better say their good-byes quickly...

Nothing to see here folks.

Junior Poster

I wanted to be madat Arnold but he made a great point

"Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption."

That statement is true...

OIt's idiotic to say "everyone is better" because Tookie poses no danger to anyone locked behind bars and even if he was free I doubt he could pose any harm.

Junior Poster

riots in la?

Rookie Poster

He killed 4 people.
    I couldnt care less what he's done since, becasue none of that brings the people he killed back.

Sounds simple enough, admit to what he did. To what he was convicted of.
    Show some damn remorse.

Other than that, i only wish he could feel the pain he infliced on others as he dies.

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat4077
    He killed 4 people.
    I couldnt care less what he's done since, becasue none of that brings the people he killed back.

Sounds simple enough, admit to what he did. To what he was convicted of.
    Show some damn remorse.

Other than that, i only wish he could feel the pain he infliced on others as he dies.
    Damn, who the fuck is that on your avator.

Rookie Poster

Well, I'm not saddened by this outcome. Like I said previously, in the 1st thread dedicated to him...despite my respect for the work he's done since being on death row, he can't make amends to the dead. Of course some people disagree citing the "eye for an eye" mentality, stating that it's barbaric and that life imprisonment would be far harsher.

I disagree...it's more about him forfeiting his rights(to live) as a result of irreparably violating the rights of others.

As for life imprisonment being more severe...that's relative, but indeed the death penalty is feared. Every sane person, despite appearing stoic and "tough" values their life in some way...the need for self-preservation. That should've been apparent from his scrambling around attempting to receive clemency.

Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman
    You only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy
    Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests
    Or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess

While I’m not generally a big fan of the death penalty, I am of the opinion that this guy fucking deserves it. It’s not like he blew away other gang members or people involved in a similarly violent lifestyle who knowingly accepted certain risks. He blew away civilians for the sheer pleasure of the kill.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

This guy laugh at his victum garbling on his blood and they are acting like he is a saint give me a break now lets tell snoop doggy dog and the other hollywood phonys to move on and keep being phony.