Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Libya

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Libya

So...the rebels in Libya are asking for international support to help them with ( at this point) a no fly zone because Kadaffi's Mig jets are gunning down protesters and anti government fighters. Refugees are streaming across the border in Tunisia. Sen. Kerry seems to agree with the request to enforce a no fly zone. The instability in Northern Africa and the Middle East could send oil prices soaring and cause a world wide recession . What to do ??

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Default Re: Libya

it's all planned. The rising oil prices are supposed to precede the fall of the dollar, followed by a "discovery" of oil stateside...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border View Post
    it's all planned. The rising oil prices are supposed to precede the fall of the dollar, followed by a "discovery" of oil stateside...
    I see...

5 Star Poster

Wow and whats your theory on u.f.o's and the Lachness monster?

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Meh it would'nt hurt a second time
    Bombing of Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yup...the original battle was called "Battle for the Line of Death"...but it wasn't much of a battle. The F-14 pilots made it target practice !

5 Star Poster

I don't understand why no country will help the Libyan people get rid of this wanker thats killing them?

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I thought you were dead set against foreign aid?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

a 'No-fly-zone' means direct intervention, which in the current climate is both financially expensive and politically treacherous with no clear exit strategy as defined by a time frame, or in political terms with a 'satisfactory outcome'. Yes rebels ask for help, but what percentage of Libyans would welcome direct intervention by the US/NATO? Thats not clear, certainly in the west. If Qadhafi is eliminated, what happens next? Egypt is still struggling to re-organise its politics and it had a civil society that Qadhafi long ago obliterated in Libya -Libya actually has a lot of promise -well educated labour force, undeveloped resources, small population etc -but however much we might want to 'do something' this is something the Libyans must do themselves, and they will in time. Qadhafi has loyal and armed guards amounting to small armies, but weaker than Saddam Hussein, so it will be bloody and distressing to see, but for the time being we can but stand and wait -the help they need will come after the revolution.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    yup...the original battle was called "Battle for the Line of Death"...but it wasn't much of a battle. The F-14 pilots made it target practice !
    Well, that's what Gaddafi called it. He was challenging the international community to enter the Gulf of Sidra. In the U.S., we call it Operation El Dorado Canyon. Also would have been difficult for F-14s to bomb Libya in 1986 since the aircraft wasn't cleared for air-to-ground operations until 1992. So maybe you're talking about F-111 pilots.