Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bankrupt UK finds 8 billion pounds for foreign aid

Deal Wit It!

Default Re: Bankrupt UK finds 8 billion pounds for foreign aid

Bankrupt? That word gets bandied about a lot. When was the default?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Bankrupt? That word gets bandied about a lot. When was the default?
    the uk is so broke I have to pay 3X as much to do my degree, I'm told it's because the country needs more money.

Deal Wit It!

5 Star Poster

The western nations are run by people that come from left wing universities with left wing ideas and these people don't think like the average person on the street.They have an elitist view that they know whats best for us and the average person is a fool or ignorant.Thats why our country's are in the state they are in .

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    The western nations are run by people that come from left wing universities with left wing ideas and these people don't think like the average person on the street.They have an elitist view that they know whats best for us and the average person is a fool or ignorant.Thats why our country's are in the state they are in .
    yeah, but since they went to university, they should know that tripling the fees is going to cause a lot of people just not to bother going.

We are the future of this country, the doctors, lawyers, teachers etc, and we are being punished.

Take the money off lazy assholes who don't bother doing anything with their lives, stop funding people to sit on their ass.

I don't mind helping poor countries if we have the spare cash, but right now we don't, and i object to the trippling of my fees, because "my country needs it" when we are pissing away a literal fortune in aid.

Deal Wit It!

Junior Poster

So what degree were you planning to do to help the UK close the defecit?

What is wrong with giving aid if the country develops and wants to buy british products?

Quote Originally Posted by brummie View Post
    So what degree were you planning to do to help the UK close the defecit?

What is wrong with giving aid if the country develops and wants to buy british products?
    I'm going to be a physio, so i'm helping disabled people etc, i think its a worthy cause.

charity begins at home, we need to get our on house in order, i already said i have no problem with giving aid, but when times are hard, and there are children in this country who's parents can't feed them properly, due to being made redundent, i object to giving away BILLIONS, a lot of which won't even go to the people who need it.

Deal Wit It!

Junior Poster

as you say you will be working for a worthy cause and so not expecting a bumper salary

so you won't have to pay any fees back until after you start earning well above the average wage

which countries get money that don't need it?
    so where the problem over university fees

Quote Originally Posted by brummie View Post
    as you say you will be working for a worthy cause and so not expecting a bumper salary

so you won't have to pay any fees back until after you start earning well above the average wage

which countries get money that don't need it?
    so where the problem over university fees
    I'll get a decent salary, if i choose to make a donation, that's my business.

Regardless of when I have to pay back my fee's i still have to pay it back, and the fees verge on extortion.

It's not that these countries don't need money, it's where the money goes when it gets there, on new gold plated rolls royces for the dictators probably.

Deal Wit It!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    I don't think David Cameron is exactly a roaring leftie coming via Eton and Oxford - sorry to let the facts get in the way of your 'truth'.

However I do agree with you that politicians drift away from their ability to see the viewpoint of the ordinary person and start to only believe in their own rhetoric. Blair in particular appeared to be with the man in the street but later was tripped up on TV over his ignorance of the problem with trying to book a doctor's appointment and eventually his total detachment from the plebs. This is partially due to leaders/governments becoming incumbent with large working majorities and not being sufficiently challenged along the way.

Lastly there a plethora of reasons why countries end up in the state they're in, a lot of those coming from corporate commercial interests. A lot of it boils down to who has the money in the first place - and that ain't me!