Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Tranny suicide rate

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh123 View Post

And if it's being bullied post transition where the suicides are, then, that'd support the thought I had that maybe it's the transitions that having completed, don't go well, so for the rest of their life they'll have people say "that's a dude". (Though even then, while it is for the rest of their life, it's fairly tame bullying compared to what happens to kids in school where they can't leave the school premises all day!).
    There are beautiful/ugly men, women and transgenders in this world. That's life. You don't have to end up looking like Bailey Jay, Jane Marie, Chanel Santini, (insert favourite t-girl here) to consider the transition as "successful". It's more about becoming the person you've always believed you should be.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 02-12-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Member Rookie Poster tscelinepreop's Avatar

Default Re: question re trangender suicide rate

I guess its best not to reject all of your previous life .I made that mistake when i transitioned about 12 years ago ,but time does teach you ,and im happy to say that realising .Transition is more about showing more of the iceberg thats hidden ,Not about totally abandoning your previous life or repressing other parts of your personality to fit in the a binary outdated concept of whats male and whats female .I guess its about trying to be a well rounded person .I think that is where happiness and contentment lies .I realised that What was the point of going through everything i had been through just to still have to put on an act and behave in a certain way to be accepted by others .When the most important person you need acceptance from is yourself .Ive seen a massive sea change in peoples opinion in the last decade and welcome it .Now rather than trying to "fit in " im just me and happy being me whatever that is ,i guess im a very open person and cant abide peoples bullshit .Its why when i see girls transitioning now i tell them its not going to make you instantly happy ,or richer or more desirable its just about being honest about who you Really are and not taking any notice of small minded haters the vocal or non vocal kind Its your life, just be you and live it .Those people who may judge you or tell you how to behave will not be holding your hand while you take your final breaths ,All those things you Did or didnt Do because of your thoughts of how you will be perceived will haunt you .So be strong and be yourself .

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

depends.

no medical procedure is perfect.

it's like what peopel like Milo Yiannopolous say. he's right on some issues, not on this one, since he says gender reassigment is wrong because of the suicide rates.

well again, nothing is perfect. if a person reports gender dysphoria, then what else should be done. fact remains, most who get gender reassignment go on to live normal/happy lives.

it's like saying that some cancer treatments don't always work, don't treat cancer! well there are limitations in how we understand the human brain, as well as medical technology. it's not and never is a black and white issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    There are beautiful/ugly men, women and transgenders in this world. That's life. You don't have to end up looking like Bailey Jay, Jane Marie, Chanel Santini, (insert favourite t-girl here) to consider the transition as "successful". It's more about becoming the person you've always believed you should be.
    haha...what would you know about that?

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holzz View Post
    haha...what would you know about that?
    If you tried talking to them instead of worrying about whether liking them makes you gay or obsessing over the size of their cocks then you might learn something...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

oh...i know allright. I think from studying human sexuality, i'd have that knowledge.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.