Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Junior Poster gummi baer's Avatar

Default Re: New Britney: Hold It Against Me

Oops, I was looking for Britney.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	britneyMarkham_710-3.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	374544  

"But I said I don't like sour stuff."--Naota (FLCL)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore View Post
    Britney took like 10 years of dance and gymnastics you don't just forget to dance lol

She had knee surgery but she was still dancing

I agree, its unlikely someone forgets dancing like that but injury or deciding not to dance much in a performance happens

Quote Originally Posted by gummi baer View Post
    Oops, I was looking for Britney.

Great rack, very sexy!!!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Well, I never liked her music but never had anything against her until she bashed that NSYNC guy when he came out the closet, I thought it was ignorant to look down on a former friend b/c he announces he's gay. Given that and how much shit is thrown (rightfully so) at Bush supporters and Republicans, I'm just surprised how she is like Cher or Madonna in terms of being popular in LGBT-ish circles.
    Not to worry.....he's a little paranoid Ben. It's news to me too, but appearently not Jackal. What's next Jackal...Katy Perry as a Tea Bagger?? LMAO

And stop fucking crying man....everytime I go to a show from Springsteen to Chris Rock to U2, I get treated to thier politics, but I enjoy them for thier talent, not thier political statements. Perhaps you have trouble seperating the two? Grow up.

I just find it odd how she is popular in gay environments. I do not like Britney Spears music, its just average to me, I don't care about her political opinions because she is as dumb as rocks even by Hollywood standards, but I just find it odd that she's a sort of gay icon despite not being or at least fronting as being very accepting.

I never said a singer is the same as his/her politics, or any performer/creator. I agree they are separate. For example, I think Roman Polanski is a dirtbag but he has made some great films, can't take that away from him. Same with John Milius(although he's not a dirtbag just a bizarre vaguely rw paranoid). Maybe you should grow up and quit whining and attempting to start feuds over the net. Nobody was crying, nobody is screaming, you are projecting these feelings you have.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

I just find it odd how she is popular in gay environments. I do not like Britney Spears music, its just average to me, I don't care about her political opinions because she is as dumb as rocks even by Hollywood standards, but I just find it odd that she's a sort of gay icon despite not being or at least fronting as being very accepting.

I never said a singer is the same as his/her politics, or any performer/creator. I agree they are separate. For example, I think Roman Polanski is a dirtbag but he has made some great films, can't take that away from him. Same with John Milius(although he's not a dirtbag just a bizarre vaguely rw paranoid). Maybe you should grow up and quit whining and attempting to start feuds over the net. Nobody was crying, nobody is screaming, you are projecting these feelings you have.
    You turn the most benign thread into some sort of political statement, or use it as an excuse to submit your ideology. Re-read your posts on this thread. Who gives a fuck about what political party she's from except you? Ben probably knows more about her than anybody and he was unaware ! LMAO The question was about her song. Don't hijack the thread.

it was a bit off topic, ill give you that but I have always wondered why she was popular in gay culture or whatever. then again, it really isnt that surprising any more

Senior Member Junior Poster innocentbychoice's Avatar

http://www.popcrunch.com/britney-spe...ay-lance-bass/

Is this true? Didn't she say she supports GWB 100% in Fahrenheit 911? Considering that and the fact the guy's reelection campaign was a wedge strategy of LGBT hate/anti gay marriage, this seems a bit homophobic which makes me wonder why she's somewhat of a gay icon. I used to volunteer for the HRC and she was popular among most of the gay guys. Just odd to me.
    If that's true then she's an idiot---oh wait I already knew that.

But, it is weird cuz lots of her choreographers and people around her are gay.

Here's the deal: Nobody takes her seriously, so nobody cares. She's a blonde girl dancing and flipping her hair to the rythm of catchy pop music, she's just there to entertain, nobody really cares about her opinion on ANYTHING, you don't even see the press asking her about politics and stuff.