87 40.85%
  • No Good

126 59.15%
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Default Re: Muslims

Quote Originally Posted by wendell View Post
    Crimes like those are repulsive and completely unacceptable BTE and there are elements of islam that are troglodyte in their interpretations. That doesn't mean islam can't be a religion of peace though, millions upon millions of muslims mange to make it that every day.
    In college, I actually studied Islam. Some elements of Islam are good. They have something called Zagat, which they give money to the poor. But if you look at the polls conducted in the Middle East, then you will see that their way of thinking is sort of fucked up.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

plenty of problems in islam no doubt about that BTE but plenty of good as well. Although to be fair I despise religion so good in the sense of not homicidal maniacs rather than choice of philosophy. Take Honour killings. There are lots of then in America as you point out. However there are tens of millions of muslims living in America the moderates far outweighthe demented.

plenty of problems in islam no doubt about that BTE but plenty of good as well. Although to be fair I despise religion so good in the sense of not homicidal maniacs rather than choice of philosophy. Take Honour killings. There are lots of then in America as you point out. However there are tens of millions of muslims living in America the moderates far outweighthe demented.
    I agree with you. But with the case of the man who beheaded his wife in NY, I am sure that plenty of people would consider him a moderate. A guy who founded a TV company that aimed to quell the stereotypes of Muslims and to put them in a better light, while at the end of the day, he was exactly what he was preaching against.

I do not know, I have met some pretty cool Muslims so I am sure they are out there. Don't know if people know this or not, but Dave Chappelle is a Muslim or was a Muslim not exactly which and he is one of the funniest people on the planet.

Also religion is not bad per say. Its the people that follow the religion are bad. I am not a fan of religion, but at the same time I recognize the purpose that religion has in people lives.

I think the problem is BTE, and it's one we have in Britain to is that most muslims are simply ordinary people that want to get on with their lives. Those who make the most noise about being moderate tend to actually be those with something to hide. That holds true for plenty of other things as well.

We seem to pretty much agree so I want to make it clear that islam has alot to answer for in my opinion and it's practice in some countries is degrading to Mankind and revolting to see. It's just that those in the West have been getting a pretty bad rap since 9/11 and it's only rarely deserved.

I think the problem is BTE, and it's one we have in Britain to is that most muslims are simply ordinary people that want to get on with their lives. Those who make the most noise about being moderate tend to actually be those with something to hide. That holds true for plenty of other things as well.

We seem to pretty much agree so I want to make it clear that islam has alot to answer for in my opinion and it's practice in some countries is degrading to Mankind and revolting to see. It's just that those in the West have been getting a pretty bad rap since 9/11 and it's only rarely deserved.
    True, but sometimes the bad rap is well deserved, although sometimes it isn't.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

It's too simplistic a poll Dino.
    That was the whole point. Vote "Good", "No Good", or walk on by not voting at all. It gets people to stick their own necks out instead of copy and paste someone else's words.

There has been a lot of brutal honesty here which is a good thing. Most all people have some prejudice in their hearts, even if it's against their own people. Some are better at hiding it from the rest of us.

Professional Poster asianphoenixx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyoJecours View Post
    lol at the ignorance in this thread. not all muslims = terrorists or fanatics real muslims actually hate those people. but obviously only the ones shouting the loudest get heard. my dad is muslim and even though he's a prick most of my relatives from his side are decent. but then they are about 3 out of 10 on a religious scale. i can't stand the extremists... but then i can't really stand any hardcore religious people. and also the problem is a lot of dumbasses believe everything they read.
    I 100% agree.
    Terorists and (muslim) extremists are nothing to do with Islam.
    These few bad people are using Islam as religion for their own benefits.

There are bad and good people everywhere in this entire world..I guess we just have to adapt and be tolerant and open minded for all the differences...and hopefully we will respect and understand each other and be united as the citizens of the world.

I'm not muslim btw, and having no issue to admit if I were one.
    I was born and raised in Indonesia, which majority of us are muslim, but I was born Buddhist.

My 2 cents

Tia

A World Class Companion
    www.tia-phoenixx.com

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    I am not going to say that some Muslims are good or some Muslims are bad. I do know that a Muslim man by the name Muzzammil Hassan in Buffalo, New York, who is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV which aimed to show Muslims in a positive light and to get rid of stereotypes surrounding Muslims, beheaded his wife because she wanted a divorce (I think).

I am sure by all accounts he wouldn't be considered extreme, before he did this act. But nobody in their right mind would agree that this type of behavior is acceptable. Honor killings are constantly being taken place even in America. A Muslim cab driver honor killed his two daughters because he felt they were being to westernized. His wife even aided in providing him an alibi even though he killed her children.

Islam is not of peace and I really don't know how anybody can think that.
    There some things being mixed up here. I think honor killings come from an ethnic heritage, and is not something sanctioned by the Koran. Something I read, said that many people there, dont know the difference themselves. But there were honor killings in ancient Rome. Many men here, commit violence on women who are leaving them, but we dont blame their relgion, in the case of Christianity, or others. In some latin cultures men, get light sentences for killing their wives when they are caught cheating.

I think issues like this, need to be addressed. But not by attacking the religion, but facing the individual issues. I see non-violence as a practice that should be spread, for the good of all.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Last one for me...again this belongs on the Religion Forum... But Ignorance?????? LMFAO>>> Oh your dad is a muslim...so this is personal to you ?????? Well it's personal to me too for other reasons. ....What do you mean he's a "prick"? I'd like to hear that explanation....And what are are saying that 3 out of 10 that are religious ?? By religious are you saying they're peaceful? Because Bin Laden is religious and so was the blind sheik. . What is a REAL Muslim ? So a suicide bomber yelling God is Great is a fake Muslim ? You may have just made my point unwittingly. Look....if you love peace and denounce radical Islam in all forms, I have no issue with you...why are you looking for one? You should be joining me in denouncing them.
    it's not personal for me... i just have a better insight into the discussion than a lot of people here. to be honest most of the people who are against islam don't actually have the first clue about the religion... even if they think they do. listen there are many aspects of islam that i disagree with but in essence they are not much different to all other religious people. the misconception which pisses me off is how people associate all muslims with terrorists. the muslim population is HUGE... the percentage who are extremists are TINY in comparison. i denounce radical islam completely but trust me my muslim relatives and all other true muslims probably hate the fanatics more than anybody else because they have their name dragged through the gutter.

and yes the problem is ignorance. i disagree 100% with the entire concept of religion full stop but i still find it important to say that REAL MUSLIMS HATE RADICAL EXTREMISTS and it's not fair for the perception of all muslims to be fanatics. people often quote the koran to show what a terrible religion islam is... but there is a large proportion of modern muslims who understand that a religion which is centuries old needs to be adapted. they treat women equally, they help people who are less fortunate, etc etc. they are decent people. now i know there are many who are the opposite... and i will join you in condemning them but the only point i'm trying to make is that labelling an entire religion and all its followers as evil is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoJecours View Post
    it's not personal for me... i just have a better insight into the discussion than a lot of people here. to be honest most of the people who are against islam don't actually have the first clue about the religion... even if they think they do. listen there are many aspects of islam that i disagree with but in essence they are not much different to all other religious people. the misconception which pisses me off is how people associate all muslims with terrorists. the muslim population is HUGE... the percentage who are extremists are TINY in comparison. i denounce radical islam completely but trust me my muslim relatives and all other true muslims probably hate the fanatics more than anybody else because they have their name dragged through the gutter.

and yes the problem is ignorance. i disagree 100% with the entire concept of religion full stop but i still find it important to say that REAL MUSLIMS HATE RADICAL EXTREMISTS and it's not fair for the perception of all muslims to be fanatics. people often quote the koran to show what a terrible religion islam is... but there is a large proportion of modern muslims who understand that a religion which is centuries old needs to be adapted. they treat women equally, they help people who are less fortunate, etc etc. they are decent people. now i know there are many who are the opposite... and i will join you in condemning them but the only point i'm trying to make is that labelling an entire religion and all its followers as evil is ridiculous.

Amen..........

"That's what i thought you said."