Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Peace loving Progressives

FAIL. Avoiding responsibility and continuing the same practices that make public service riskier than it needs to be is not a game either.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    You right wingers have been trying to snivel out of that teabaggin klan/nazi who shot up the crowd in Tucson since it happened. In your words: Big fail! I'm sure we'll find out more about the latest "Lee" before he gets his dose of potassium chloride.
    Hippi this is so laughable it's pathetic, how about some facts to go with your wild accusations? Been looking for them for some time, and all we get is your gums moving. Creditability my friend, you have none..

It's pathetic that you're laughing, and the rest of you think it's a game. Six people were murdered. Don't you think it would be prudent for Sarah to tone it down instead of going into complete-denial--the-political-rancor-and-metaphorical-uses-of-violent-language-and-images-had-nothing-what-so-ever-to-do-with-it--I'm-the-real-victim-here-of-blood-libel mode?

Last edited by trish; 02-04-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Trish, post one example of the thousands of events you stated happened. Just one, with thousands you can't find one? Yes, 6 persons were murdered by a madman that should have been locked up months before the incident. He was a-political and described by his friends as a ultra-liberal.

Quit flapping your gums and start backing up your fantasies with some facts. Ahh.. It's comes back to that whole creditability thing..

Lets see, Jared Loughner, hates "Blue Dog Democrats" for being fake democrats.

Loughner's best friend, Zach Osler, disputed speculation by media commentators that Loughner's actions were fueled by partisan politics and rhetoric, insisting, "He did not watch TV, he disliked the news, he didn't listen to political radio, he didn't take sides, he wasn't on the Left, he wasn't on the Right"
    He is big into conspiracy theories, has a deep hatred of Bush, is a 9/11 denier, believes in a global shadow government the New World Order(sounds like he's an alex jones supporter), and believes NASA fakes spaceflights (& moonlanding?).

Somehow, he doesn't sound like a TEA Party guy to me.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

First let’s mention the primary examples. If it weren’t for Palin’s and Angle’s calls to arms as metaphor for political action, the Tea-Bagger’s call to bring guns to town-meetings and political rallies and the murders in Tucson, this thread wouldn’t even exist. These examples are primary because everyone in the nation is aware of them. Those with the loudest megaphones have the largest responsibility. This is not to say that those driven to violence mistakenly got their permission directly from Palin or Angle. Everyone has heard of the law of inertia, but very few people have ever cracked Newton's Principia. Ever hear of trickle down? There are indeed other assholes in world who pass along and amplify the hatreds to which they're exposed. Assholes like , or like those in the Breitbartesque YouTube clip posted by Faldur. As we all know violent language and violence itself, as it escalates, can cross party lines. I don’t give a flying fuck who spews violent language (though it seems to be real important to some people), but those who do spew it should own up to their responsibilities. It's this kind of shit increases the risk that violence will occur. Giffords approached Palin on this very point, before the tragic shootings in Tucson.

Last edited by trish; 02-05-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    Lets see, Jared Loughner, hates "Blue Dog Democrats" for being fake democrats.

He is big into conspiracy theories, has a deep hatred of Bush, is a 9/11 denier, believes in a global shadow government the New World Order(sounds like he's an alex jones supporter), and believes NASA fakes spaceflights (& moonlanding?).

Somehow, he doesn't sound like a TEA Party guy to me.
    The blue dogs were the biggest losers in this last Congressional election.

Who do you think the "tea party" is made up of? All those toons you mention jumped on the bandwagon, along with the birthers, the 700 clubbers, the gold bugs, & the klan/nazis. It's not like the infestation was invisible.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    First let’s mention the primary examples. If it weren’t for Palin’s and Angle’s calls to arms as metaphor for political action, the Tea-Bagger’s call to bring guns to town-meetings and political rallies and the murders in Tucson, this thread wouldn’t even exist. These examples are primary because everyone in the nation is aware of them. Those with the loudest megaphones have the largest responsibility. This is not to say that those driven to violence mistakenly got their permission directly from Palin or Angle. Everyone has heard of the law of inertia, but very few people have ever cracked Newton's Principia. Ever hear of trickle down? There are indeed other assholes in world who pass along and amplify the hatreds to which they're exposed. Assholes like , or like those in the Breitbartesque YouTube clip posted by Faldur. As we all know violent language and violence itself, as it escalates, can cross party lines. I don’t give a flying fuck who spews violent language (though it seems to be real important to some people), but those who do spew it should own up to their responsibilities. It's this kind of shit increases the risk that violence will occur. Giffords approached Palin on this very point, before the tragic shootings in Tucson.

OK...we asked for proof, and you gave us one. Your nut case cancels out Faldurs'...still waiting for hundreds. And really Trish...get off the Palin kick. Nobody but you and the back benchers at MSNBC are are playin that card . Didn't you far lefties learn anything from the election ? The more you tell a lie ( tea baggers are racist, tea partiers are bigots...blah blah) the madder you make the opposition. It's already overplayed. And really......and I mean this...it sounds like you're getting lazy, and searching for new material has been difficult. You're starting to sound earily like Chris Matthews. Mildly obsessed, and weirdly delusional, and reaching for the low hanging fruit...trouble is you picked the tree clean weeks ago!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    It's pathetic that you're laughing, and the rest of you think it's a game. Six people were murdered. Don't you think it would be prudent for Sarah to tone it down instead of going into complete-denial--the-political-rancor-and-metaphorical-uses-of-violent-language-and-images-had-nothing-what-so-ever-to-do-with-it--I'm-the-real-victim-here-of-blood-libel mode?
    TRISH WHEN YOU FUCKERS TONE IT DOWN....I'LL CONCEED AND AGREE PALIN AND THE TEA PARTY SHOULD...UNTIL THEN...PEDAL TO THE METAL !!!!!!!!! Tone it down my ass...you people lie on a daily basis.

Take a moment to read Charles Blow's column. This ain't Faldur, Onmyknees, Palin or Sharon Angle. He's a far left NYT contributer. Read for yourself Trish....he get's it. When will you ???

NYT's Blow: Case for Civility Harmed by Those That Used Giffords Shooting for Political Gain

By Noel Sheppard | January 15, 2011 | 10:13

New York Times columnist Charles Blow summed it up marvelously Saturday:
    Immediately after the news broke, the air became thick with conjecture, speculation and innuendo. There was a giddy, almost punch-drunk excitement on the left. The prophecy had been fulfilled: “words have consequences.” And now, the right’s rhetorical chickens had finally come home to roost. [...]
    The only problem is that there was no evidence then, and even now, that overheated rhetoric from the right had anything to do with the shooting. (In fact, a couple of people who said they knew him have described him as either .”) [...]
    The American people know it, too. According to a USA Today/Gallup poll released Wednesday, 42 percent of those asked said that political rhetoric was not a factor at all in the shooting, 22 percent said that it was a minor factor and 20 percent said that it was a major factor. Furthermore, most agreed that focusing on conservative rhetoric as a link in the shooting was “not a legitimate point but mostly an attempt to use the tragedy to make conservatives look bad.” And nearly an equal number of people said that Republicans, the Tea Party and Democrats had all “gone too far in using inflammatory language” to criticize their opponents.

Concocting connections to advance an argument actually weakens it. The argument for tonal moderation has been done a tremendous disservice by those who sought to score political points in the absence of proof.

How much longer will you continue to beat the drum Trish ????????? FAIL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zVknXIVMp80

Now check this vid out. If this was a Tea Partier the seemingly easily offended Trish would be dragging her soap box down to the village square and calling for the Tea Party to curb the heated rhetoric. She doesn't care who's making the dangerous political speech...she just wants it curbed ( but mentions Palin in nearly every post) Funny thing is...this was a rally sponsered by Common Cause, Code Pink, and various labor unions, so it's no big deal.......Yawn !!!!!!

Egyptian style revolution...???? Hmmmm sounds incendiary to me. Over throwing the government ???

See what happens when you go down this road Trish????It gets turned right back around on you.