Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Peace loving Progressives

We fought a war to stop slavery. Perhaps one to stop tax slavery is next?
    Awe, are you a slave? There, there. Now go fetch me a mint julep.

Last edited by trish; 05-05-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

You tea party folk ---well intentioned as many of you surely are - but do you not realise that you are being led by the nose by some of the richest people in the country to fight and campaign on their behalf. Tax slavery. This is such utter tosh.

I find it truly remarkable that you cannot see the way you are being manipulated. Led by the nose. It's the rich who are screwing you - not the democrats and Obama. It is the corporations.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

You might recall that it was a former military man, your own President Eisenhower who before he left office warned the American people to beware the military-industrial complex. They are the enemy - not Obama. Break the trance everyone and see the real ills of this world.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Awe, are you a slave? There, there. Now go fetch me a mint julep.
    Hmmm... sounds like someone enjoys the fruits of someone elses labors.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Oh, you actually labor and produce goods by your own hand? Prove it. I want the long form.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Let me get this straight, saying "No" is violent? In case you didn't know, guns are legal in this country.
    More's the pity

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    More's the pity
    Had you only taken our guns away 235 years ago, we might still under your rule..

Are we back on guns? Listen, it's very simple... If you want to ban gun ownership by private citizens, call upon your state senators to act on it, and vote them out if they won't. Stop trying to convince people who are firmly on the other side of the fence of the absurdity of civilians owning firearms, as it's a waste of time and energy.

That said, can you imagine what would happen if the government decided, a la Great Britain, to do away with civilian gun ownership? I should think the result would be the opposite of "everybody being safer". Hundreds of thousands dead is a very real possiblity, maybe more.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    That means an average person that owns a gun, owns 3.2 guns
    I now own nine! Got a new Kel-Tec P11 today... It's a beauty! Happy to pick up the slack for people who only have one or two guns.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    You tea party folk ---well intentioned as many of you surely are - but do you not realise that you are being led by the nose by some of the richest people in the country to fight and campaign on their behalf. Tax slavery. This is such utter tosh.

I find it truly remarkable that you cannot see the way you are being manipulated. Led by the nose. It's the rich who are screwing you - not the democrats and Obama. It is the corporations.
    I assure you....it makes for good left wing water cooler banter, and probably is the main topic of conversation in the lunch rooms of the NY Times...but no one is leading these people around. If you're referring to the infamous Koch brothers, the NYT recently issued a correction on an expose they did on the Koch brothers.....which is where you're more than likely getting your info from... And even if everything the boogy man tells you was true about them...Soros is infinitely more dangerous to the stablily of the dollar, and therefore the US economy than the Koch brothers....there's no room for discusion on that....it's factual.

Additionally they're not fighting for anyone but themselves as individuals. The corporations such as GE have plenty of lobbyists (and friends) in high places....they don't need the Tea Party.. If you're suggesting that TEA Party folks don't see all corporations as evil or the enemy of the Republic, then that would be a true statement. With respect to your statement of wealth...they're not my enemy. I live and prosper in a country that provides industrial people the tools and the freedom to prosper, and create wealth. I don't resent them a bit.....but it's a pity you do.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.