Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Peace loving Progressives

And these are the people who complained about a cross hair in a Palin ad?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Peace loving Progressives

You can find thousands of rednecks and Tea-Baggers making analogous violent statements when egged on by a reporter looking for fuel to throw on the fires. Never-the-less, whatever side of the political fence, that kind of language is irresponsible and contributes to the overall risk of violence in our nation. This goes for ordinary jerks attending rallies, and it goes double-fold for political celebrities with large megaphones like Sarah Palin (as long as you're bringing her up in this context) and Second-Amendment-Remedies Sharon Angle.

Last edited by trish; 02-04-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    You can find thousands of rednecks and Tea-Baggers making analogous violent statements when egged on by a reporter looking for fuel to throw on the fires. Never-the-less, whatever side of the political fence, that kind of language is irresponsible and contributes to the overall risk of violence in our nation. This goes for ordinary jerks attending rallies, and it goes double-fold for political celebrities with large megaphones like Sarah Palin (as long as you're bringing her up in this context) and Second-Amendment-Remedies Sharon Angle.
    Still "clinging" to that absurdity I see...not to unlike your beloved NY Times who's own ombudsmen called the linkage "problematic"...LOL

"You can find thousands of rednecks and Tea-Baggers making analogous violent statements when egged on by a reporter looking for fuel to throw on the fires".

OK....find them. Post them. You're generalizing yet again.

Here's how NYT Editor Bill Keller put it recently......

"I think the effect of Fox News on American public life has been to create a level of cynicism about the news in general. I think it has contributed to the sense that ‘they’re all just, you know, out there with a political agenda, Fox is just more overt about it.’ And I think that’s unhealthy. I think Fox has also raised, we have had a lot of talk since the Gabby Giffords murder, attempted murder, about civility in our national discourse, and I, you know, make no connection between the guy who shot those people in Tucson and the national discourse. But it is true that the national discourse is more polarized and strident than it has been in the past, and to some extent, I would lay that at the feet of Rupert Murdoch, yes."

Notice how he plays the same game as Trish...?? "I make no connection ( wink, wink) "...Hey Bill....if there's no connection then why bring it up ???????

Memo to Bill Keller...Mr. Murdoch is eating your lunch...Ya think after a decade of cheerleading for the far left we might have cause to be cynical ????? maybe spend less time worrying about him, and Sarah Palin..and more time returning the NYT as trusted news organazation it was a decade ago.

What a whiner you are.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Notice how he plays the same game as Trish
    It's not a game: six people were killed.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

You can find thousands of rednecks and Tea-Baggers making analogous violent statements when egged on by a reporter looking for fuel to throw on the fires.
    Trish I challenge you to back up that statement with some facts. If there are indeed thousand of examples you most certainly find one or two to post here. No one has displayed the level of violent retorec that the progressives have displayed. The left no longer posseses creditability, the two faced retoric is so transparent it's pathetic. And America is not buying it any more.

It's not a game: six people were killed.
    Correct...The happenings in Arizona were no game...what transpired afterward certainly was...it's called the BLAME GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Here's how NYT Editor Bill Keller put it recently......

"I think the effect of Fox News on American public life has been to create a level of cynicism about the news in general. I think it has contributed to the sense that ‘they’re all just, you know, out there with a political agenda, Fox is just more overt about it.’ And I think that’s unhealthy. I think Fox has also raised, we have had a lot of talk since the Gabby Giffords murder, attempted murder, about civility in our national discourse, and I, you know, make no connection between the guy who shot those people in Tucson and the national discourse. But it is true that the national discourse is more polarized and strident than it has been in the past, and to some extent, I would lay that at the feet of Rupert Murdoch, yes."

Notice how he plays the same game as Trish...?? "I make no connection ( wink, wink) "...Hey Bill....if there's no connection then why bring it up ???????

Memo to Bill Keller...Mr. Murdoch is eating your lunch...Ya think after a decade of cheerleading for the far left we might have cause to be cynical ????? maybe spend less time worrying about him, and Sarah Palin..and more time returning the NYT as trusted news organazation it was a decade ago.

Whiner ?? LMAO..Somking that junk weed again? It's called presenting your case with direct quotes and facts and some op-ed. Try it sometime !

You right wingers have been trying to snivel out of that teabaggin klan/nazi who shot up the crowd in Tucson since it happened. In your words: Big fail! I'm sure we'll find out more about the latest "Lee" before he gets his dose of potassium chloride.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~