Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Default Re: Marijuana

Uruguay votes to create world's first national legal marijuana market:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...rijuana-market

legal or illegal,alcohol is a much worse drug than marijuana.easily..and don't get it twisted,just because most people don't think of alcohol when they think of drugs,if you think outside the box,it really is a drug..and I know a lot of people are not going to like that statement,so bring on the hateand before anybody calls me a pothead,im not.i don't smoke weed or drink alcohol although I have used both plenty in the past so im basing my statement based on experience.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster up_for_it's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    I think we're going to lose a generation to marijuana. Much like we lost a generation to drugs and liberalism, we will lose a generation to the legalization of marijuana. You can't deprive the stupid of their stupidity.

I truly feel sorry for drug users. For whatever reason, pot makes them feel better than they usually feel. Can you imagine that? You need an elective drug to feel good? The only question is; Why can't you be happy in the skin you are already in?
    I'll go ahead and take the bait and respond to this post. I'm guessing this was tossed up here as an attempt to get a discussion going, rather than what appears to be an unoriginal ideological statement straight out of an ABC after school special.

1.) We've lost far more people in several generations to the liquor and tobacco industries than we'll ever lose to MJ. Not only in terms of the staggering loss of life caused by these drugs (which are legal to abuse at one's own discretion), but the mental and spiritual effects of both these drugs. I know more people who numb themselves into complacency with drink than with weed. To not take this into consideration pretty much knocks your argument out of the box from the start. You seem to be assuming that most people are motivated, intelligent, and know themselves, which is hardly the case at all.

2.) It's no longer possible to lump weed into the category of hard drugs. If anything, we're approaching a more rational tolerance more in step with the plant's actual effects. Its about damn time.

3.) If you want to blame the decline of western civilization on any one thing in particular, don't you think we should be discussing the changes brought on by globalization, or more importantly, the onset of the information revolution, which is rapidly changing manners, world views, and conceptions of privacy at both the state and individual levels? Not to slag off new media, but this is the real game changer, for both better and worse.

4.) Finally, addicts are addicts be it drugs, food, or shopping. I've spent last year in Europe and smoked 8 grams of quality Dutch ganja. I smoked every evening after my work was done. Never for a second did I consider trading it for my family, my career, or the many other things which bring joy to my life. I've been home three weeks and haven't missed it a bit. For the record, a co worker took me out for drinks a few days before I left and we got sloshed. I was sick the entire day after. My fault for abusing the substance at hand ( good German beer) but fact of the matter, a few tokes off a one hitter every night and I was much happier and physically better off than I was in the bar. It took that evening to show me the difference between the two. Either way, I could take liquor or weed, or I could leave it. Its for fun, end of story, and it has a time and a place. However, smoking makes much more sense and is far more healthier if you are looking for something recreational. The idea one can lose oneself in MJ any more than any other addiction is ridiculous. Like legal substances, it all comes down to respect and moderation. Shouldn't we be bashing QVC, credit card companies, or the Food Network?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Uruguay votes to create world's first national legal marijuana market:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...rijuana-market
    Marijuana Legalized Across The Country (Of Uruguay):

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Alcohol is much worse.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

When I drink alcohol, it triggers my gout. That hurts. When i smoke pot, it relieves my pain, and relaxes me so I can sleep. My psychiatrist wishes she could prescribe canabus (spelling?) for me, because it relieves my depression better than anything else available. btw, a gram usually lasts about a month for me (when I can get it).

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NHG View Post
    (when I can get it).
    Sounds like you have a problem finding marijuana but really You should have no problem getting some high quality stuff in NH anytime you want it. Do you just not know where to go or is there some other reason you can't seem to get your fix that often?

happy me that i live in amsterdam

Ski Resorts Brace For Marijuana Tourism Boom

Is this a good thing?, bad thing?

Marijuana Is Now Legal In Colorado: