Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Default Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I think you're ranking on the wrong type of drugs, man. If you want to talk about a generation lost, I'd suspect your argument would be a little more valid if you were trying to attack meth and pharmaceutical users. I just don't see stoners as an epidemic in any regard.

If you want to talk about a lazy society, talk about heroin users and recovering heroin addicts prescribed methadone then paid out on social security because they're too "doned out" to work. That's more or less the reason why I refuse to get into harder drugs. Weed doesn't make me lazy because I smoke responsibly.

Legalizing marijuana won't turn a generation of workers lazy. It simply keeps people who choose to smoke a drug which is more or less harmless from spending a copious amount of time in jail. Personally, I think that's fair.

The "weed is better than XXXXX" argument has been beat into the ground, though. I don't want to focus on that. However, I will argue that your view seems pretty skewed. Weed doesn't make people happy. It doesn't fix self-worth, self-image, or self-esteem issues. Marijuana makes conversations seem deeper, food taste better, comedy more laugh-worthy, and stress a tad more manageable.

I'll agree that most people (me included) smoke weed as a vice. I'd rather smoke a bowl than drink two beers, but that's going right back to the "weed is better than XXXXX" argument. I think you're wondering why people prefer to have a vice in the first place.

I smoke because on any given night off, likelihood is I don't have a whole lot to keep myself busy with. That doesn't mean I don't go out and socialize... I do a lot of that, too. Some nights it's just me kicking around the internet looking for something creative to do. Weed seems to help with that. I get more into my photoshop projects, I seem to have a creative edge while I'm high that I just don't have while I'm sober, and there's nothing better than a bowl of green, a bowl of cheetos, and an internet meme site.

I just don't think this issue is that debatable because it's not that important to begin with. Legalizing weed won't make the population lazy and unproductive, it won't make the working world grind to a halt, and it's not going to entice anybody who doesn't like smoking weed to begin with. Your argument is invalid.

Tra-la-la, mother fu**er.

You're taking an obvious troll way too seriously.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

troll on...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    this thread should be called "why i feel the need to tell grown ass people drugs are bad"
    lmao

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BigDF View Post
    I truly feel sorry for you, person, who seems to be in such a stupor. We've got troops in combat in two wars and you're worried about losing a generation to marijuana??? And where besides California is marijuana legal?

The only reason that marijuana and many other drugs remain illegal is because the big pharmaceutical companies would lose a lot of business. Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it isn't working with drugs and it's time we stop spending billions on drug interdiction and start collecting taxes on the sales. We would spend much less money on treatment of addictions, than we currently spend chasing, arresting and housing the same addicts.

Whatever woman. We already have enough bitches in this country, we don't need no fat fucks using inflammatory language about tangential shit like wars that don't have a fucking thing to do with marijuana. Fuck you and go eat a fucking big mac.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Martin C. View Post
    Why are you worried about those who smoke weed? I've smoked weed for years and I got that someday I should stop. Now I don't smoke it anymore but I'm not better than anyone to say that weed is good or bad. I do what I wanna do with my life without disturbing anyone. So, if you don't like, don't disturb who likes.

I would hope that after blowing years of your life away with pot that you wouldn't then begin to call out those who are still smoking. Not that's it's hypocritical but it seems like such a self-reversal.

And the only "disturbed" people here are the addicts trying to rationalize their addictions vis a vis ridiculous comparisons to everything under the sun. ie "Lots of people die in car crashes and no one dies from pot. I guess we should outlaw cars!"

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

LOL

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I think you're ranking on the wrong type of drugs, man. If you want to talk about a generation lost, I'd suspect your argument would be a little more valid if you were trying to attack meth and pharmaceutical users. I just don't see stoners as an epidemic in any regard.

If you want to talk about a lazy society, talk about heroin users and recovering heroin addicts prescribed methadone then paid out on social security because they're too "doned out" to work. That's more or less the reason why I refuse to get into harder drugs. Weed doesn't make me lazy because I smoke responsibly.

Legalizing marijuana won't turn a generation of workers lazy. It simply keeps people who choose to smoke a drug which is more or less harmless from spending a copious amount of time in jail. Personally, I think that's fair.

The "weed is better than XXXXX" argument has been beat into the ground, though. I don't want to focus on that. However, I will argue that your view seems pretty skewed. Weed doesn't make people happy. It doesn't fix self-worth, self-image, or self-esteem issues. Marijuana makes conversations seem deeper, food taste better, comedy more laugh-worthy, and stress a tad more manageable.

I'll agree that most people (me included) smoke weed as a vice. I'd rather smoke a bowl than drink two beers, but that's going right back to the "weed is better than XXXXX" argument. I think you're wondering why people prefer to have a vice in the first place.

I smoke because on any given night off, likelihood is I don't have a whole lot to keep myself busy with. That doesn't mean I don't go out and socialize... I do a lot of that, too. Some nights it's just me kicking around the internet looking for something creative to do. Weed seems to help with that. I get more into my photoshop projects, I seem to have a creative edge while I'm high that I just don't have while I'm sober, and there's nothing better than a bowl of green, a bowl of cheetos, and an internet meme site.

I just don't think this issue is that debatable because it's not that important to begin with. Legalizing weed won't make the population lazy and unproductive, it won't make the working world grind to a halt, and it's not going to entice anybody who doesn't like smoking weed to begin with. Your argument is invalid.

Tra-la-la, mother fu**er.

Weed, meth, heroin.... doesn't matter. It's all druggie bullshit.

LOL

If they legalized pot a lot of violence and gun warfare would go down....

Not to mention they need to amend that old ass second amendment.

We don't use guns in our everyday lives anymore, that was the reason it was an amendment a century ago.

We go to things like grocery stores for our food now....

Last edited by MrsKellyPierce; 01-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    I would hope that after blowing years of your life away with pot that you wouldn't then begin to call out those who are still smoking. Not that's it's hypocritical but it seems like such a self-reversal.

And the only "disturbed" people here are the addicts trying to rationalize their addictions vis a vis ridiculous comparisons to everything under the sun. ie "Lots of people die in car crashes and no one dies from pot. I guess we should outlaw cars!"
    Spoken like a true

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Weed, meth, heroin.... doesn't matter. It's all druggie bullshit.
    You forgot alcohol dipshit...

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    Not if you're a homo.
    Well they can get STD's though.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america