Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: We don't need no education,We don't need no thought control

I can't say I approve of changing any author's words, especially a giant like Twain. Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer should be required reading in High School. I'd suggest Letters From The Earth as well.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Are you saying you're new to Pink Floyd???
    yep thanks for the recommendation. You too, Yodajazz. (Anyone know the woman who sang those great gospel-like riffs in Dark Side?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I can't say I approve of changing any author's words, especially a giant like Twain. Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer should be required reading in High School. I'd suggest Letters From The Earth as well.
    Letters From The Earth is fastastic.

Bowdlerizing works of art to protect the innocent is a conservative impulse (not to be confused with satirical uses and aesthetic uses of art). It goes back to when the Christian churches plastered fig leaves over the genitalia of Greco-Roman sculptures and Renaissance paintings. Since then, easily offended souls have expurgated Shakespeare, bowdlerized Gibbon and now Mark Twain. It’s always for the sake of the innocent. There's nothing wrong with self-restraint or encouraging others to exercise self-restraint with the goal of minimizing offense to others. There's nothing wrong with making sure the government observes the first amendment's establishment clause. It's another thing entirely to vandalize another person's artistic expression. If a teacher doesn't think her class can handle Twain's language, then he just shouldn't assign Mark Twain.

Last edited by trish; 01-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

btw in case anyone isnt familiar with these people

its incredibly fun to read about these products hen you have even the least little bit of knowledge about physics and sound
    Dailymotion - Film about Audiophile Club of Athens - a Music video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

5 Star Poster

Pink Floyd,what a bunch of fuck'in hippies and that album helped launch a really nasty bunch of guys.

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Fuckin' hippies are the best kind.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

the only thing new to Trish is me !!!!!!!! LOL

But let me ask you...if you saw Trish walking around the upper east side lookin' somkin' in her heels, tight jeans and IPod...would you in a million years think she was listening to Pink Floyd ? Trish...your tastes are varied and always chic ! ( but sometimes your politics are not !!) LMAO xoxox

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Fuckin' hippies are the best kind.
    As Little Beaver would like to say: "You betchum, Red Rider!"

'69 was a great year.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

5 Star Poster

hippies=dirty unwashed ,dole bludging parasites who introduced drugs to the main stream population, and shitty music until punk rock cleansed them

live with honour

Oh. Y'all got punked?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    hippies=dirty unwashed ,dole bludging parasites who introduced drugs to the main stream population, and shitty music until punk rock cleansed them

I was reading something about the recession hitting baby-boomers, some to the point of homelessness.

I thought to myself that those homeless boomers finally achieved their 'anti-establishment' goals and that I hoped they're happy. The rebellious children have finally made something of themselves lol.

Seriously, this recession couldn't have happened to a better generation than the hippy generation. I LOVE it. With few exceptions, I hope the hippies are enjoying the fruits of their spoiled nature.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA