Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    5 Star Poster

Default Re: We don't need no education,We don't need no thought control

reap what you have sew'n

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You guys are just upset that those old hippies got way more pussy then you ever will.

'anti-establishment' goals
    This from the assholes who declare a new government conspiracy every news-cycle, who display only hatred for their government, declare it's time to tear it down and start anew, talk secession, instigate violence against our representatives in government by recommending second amendment solutions, and who want to repeal every other amendment of the Constitution except the one about the right to carry tiny-penis compensation.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    You guys are just upset that those old hippies got way more pussy then you ever will.

This from the assholes who declare a new government conspiracy every news-cycle, who display only hatred for their government, declare it's time to tear it down and start anew, talk secession, instigate violence against our representatives in government by recommending second amendment solutions, and who want to repeal every other amendment of the Constitution except the one about the right to carry tiny-penis compensation.
    Not sure who you're referring to Trish. If you're talking about heated rhetoric, I assure you there's plenty of blame to go around. You seem to give a pass to those who for 2 years tried to marginalize a political movement by calling them racists, decedents of the KKK, ignorant hicks. The intent was to negate a movement that could potentially disrupt the balance of political power, so all bets were off on tactics. In fact....the tactic was over the top hyperbole.
    That's corrosive, so your lecture about heated rhetoric plays both ways baby. You yourself don't traffic in that bilge, but don't dare lecture me about nasty, corrosive, hateful rhetoric. I can turn into MSNBC from 7-10 each and every night and get a belly full. Ever listen to Milke Malloy or Randi Rhodes? Is there too much of it....obviously. And for someone who's mind I respect, you have short term memory loss. The rhetoric during the final 2 years of the Bush Administration was as dangerous, and vile as I've ever seen or heard.
    I don't seem to recall you jumping up on that soapbox when shots were fired into Eric Cantor's congressional office . You're better than this post Trish. You don't rebut heated rhetoric by engaging in it.

[
    Not sure who you're referring to...
    ]I [was] referring to hippies and their HA critics [i.e. those with anti-government agendas shouting it's okay if there are baby boomers living on the streets because some of them, in their youth, had anti-establishment agendas. Oh the Hypocrisy!]. So what are you on about?

Last edited by trish; 01-10-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: [Edits in square brackets]
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I was actually going to ignore our little REICHwingers. If they can't treasure the great music that came out of the 60's youth movement, then I actually feel sorry for them. I don't expect them to acknowledge hippie/yippie success in ending an immoral, illegal war or opening the public's eyes to corporate and government corruption, environmental devastation or even the start of the sexual revolution, but to not be able to enjoy all that incredible music is just too sad.

Then I saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Not sure who you're referring to Trish. If you're talking about heated rhetoric, I assure you there's plenty of blame to go around. You seem to give a pass to those who for 2 years tried to marginalize a political movement by calling them racists, decedents of the KKK, ignorant hicks. The intent was to negate a movement that could potentially disrupt the balance of political power, so all bets were off on tactics. In fact....the tactic was over the top hyperbole.
    That's corrosive, so your lecture about heated rhetoric plays both ways baby. You yourself don't traffic in that bilge, but don't dare lecture me about nasty, corrosive, hateful rhetoric. I can turn into MSNBC from 7-10 each and every night and get a belly full. Ever listen to Milke Malloy or Randi Rhodes? Is there too much of it....obviously. And for someone who's mind I respect, you have short term memory loss. The rhetoric during the final 2 years of the Bush Administration was as dangerous, and vile as I've ever seen or heard.
    I don't seem to recall you jumping up on that soapbox when shots were fired into Eric Cantor's congressional office . You're better than this post Trish. You don't rebut heated rhetoric by engaging in it.
    Sheeesh.

Well, I guess we were trying to negate a movement led by Dick Armey and other far-right operatives that could have allowed the REICHwingers to return to the over the top criminality of the Bush/Cheney years.

Hateful rhetoric from KO and Rachel? I don't see anything hateful about shining a spotlight on the lies, crimes and hypocrisy of the far right. I'd love to see any of the noisiest pundits of the right debate Rachel or even Ms. Rhodes in an open setting.

The 'rhetoric' during the last 2 years of Bush? Please...pointing out glaring crimes is not rhetoric. Yes, I realize that folks blinded by the Right will never admit that anything Dubya's regime did was illegal, despite all the potent evidence.

Shots fired at little Eric's office? I don't recall anyone on the left screeching for 'second amendment remedies'. How can anyone deny that such talk was a thinly veiled call to arms?

"You don't rebut heated rhetoric by engaging in it." Isn't that what you just tried to do?

5 Star Poster

I remember when i was a kid we laughed at the hippies looking like such jokes to us.The punks used to yell burn the hippies

live with honour

I remember when i was a kid we laughed at the hippies looking like such jokes to us.The punks used to yell burn the hippies
    When I was growing up all the kids thought the affectations of all the old punk rockers were absolutely hilarious. We laughed and sneered. But I'm older now and can appreciate the aesthetics and politics of diverse "schools."

Last edited by trish; 01-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.

5 Star Poster

I don't have much respect for hippies but at least they had a philosophy .This generations youth cults have no philosophy's just chaos.

live with honour