Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default We don't need no education,We don't need no thought control

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: We don't need no education,We don't need no thought control

I warned you about political correctness run amuck Trish !

Yup...the educational system is not what it once was...check out this fool !
    http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hd6UkU6UaG

There's nothing wrong with being correct; whether it's morally, mathematically, logically or politically. Censorship is a different matter altogether, you never had any need to warn me against it. Let's see, who's waging the war these days against "Happy Holidays"?

Last edited by trish; 01-07-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Banned Rookie Poster

Just another brick in the wall

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

I don't know why, but that just seemed apropos in here.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Teacher. Leave those kids alone. (Just bought the song on iTunes...and also bought the album, Dark Side of the Moon. Wow! Now I'm thinking I should've bought The Wall in its entirety. Anyone recommend it?)

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Now I'm thinking I should've bought The Wall in its entirety. Anyone recommend it?
    huh and here i expected youd know that youre only allowed to listen to pink floyd on vinyl played on a belt driven record player that sits on at least 6 dampers and big ass granite plate gets amplified through tubes and played back through 2 and exactly 2 speaker each of which cost more than your average ferrari
    its the law or something

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Damit! I didn't know, man. I didn't know.

Teacher. Leave those kids alone. (Just bought the song on iTunes...and also bought the album, Dark Side of the Moon. Wow! Now I'm thinking I should've bought The Wall in its entirety. Anyone recommend it?)
    I highly recommend the whole album. It works very well together as a concept. The major place I listened to this, was in an army barracks. The freedom expressed throughout the album, was a counter balance from the prevailing military atmosphere. If you do get the entire album, consider listening to the songs in the original album order, to get an idea of the larger flow.

Are you saying you're new to Pink Floyd??? You've missed something special. By all means, grab The Wall (which also contains the well-known Comfortably Numb) and Wish You Were Here and Animals as well. You may have to get a bit deeper into the band before you fall in love with Umagumma and it's classic track 'Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered together in a Cave and Groovin With a Pict', hehe.

ENJOY!