Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Thumbs up The tv studio's should make tgirl situation comedy

I think it would be very popular

live with honour

Gold Poster

Default Re: The tv studio's should make tgirl situation comedy

They already have, it was called Bosom Buddies. Just kidding! I think your right, a comedy would go a long ways towards achieving acceptance for TSs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bosom_buddies1.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	380910  

They could do a remake of Little Britain like they did The Office.

I dont see it happening tbh, if it backfires its just one big flop where people are laughing at us instead of accepting it

Theres a dutch tv show, where a guy can find a girlfriend through that program, and its like "is he your type? yes/no" "do you like his lifestyle? yes/no" "Do you like blondes or brunettes or?" and it goes on till 1 girl is left from about 30 attending women, which he will be on a date with.

Now and then a few TS's come on the program and on a dutch forum where they talk about anything random with babes and what not. So that show has been talked about quite alot on there and they just laugh, discriminate and say how nasty TS's are.

Last edited by Mayrah; 03-26-2011 at 03:24 AM.

5 Star Poster

Why would they laugh at tgirls if they did it properly with a well written script and good actresses that are funny and sexy

live with honour

Gold Poster

If you look at a scripted show, like Will and Grace, or even a reality show, like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, they really got the gay lifestyle front and center in mainstream society. I think a show centered around TSs could do the same if it is quality. Although, the true question might be, do TSs and TS lovers really want the scene to be mainstream. That was kind of a controversy about the shows that I mentioned above, that they were taking away the scene from the people who live in it, and sort of homogenizing it. I'm pretty ambivalent about it, I think the scene will retain its character even if it went mainstream. However, I do think that mainstreaming it would lead to greater acceptance, which is a plus for everyone.

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mayrah View Post
    I dont see it happening tbh, if it backfires its just one big flop where people are laughing at us instead of accepting it.
    That's true, and a real shame. If you've ever noticed, every time a TGurl or CD is seen in movies or TV shows, they are always portrayed as a joke, or for shock effect. They are never shown as normal serious charactors. But that is how our society thinks. Too bad. A TGurl star of a series could bring about a lot of interesting stories both funny and serious.

At one time Gay men and lesbians were taboo in movies and TV, but they are mostly accepted these days on the screen. But a tranny or CD is still considered over the line to many prudes. But that could change too with time. I hope so.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    Why would they laugh at tgirls if they did it properly with a well written script and good actresses that are funny and sexy
    I'm perfectly aware of the fact that sex sells, but most of the top sitcoms of all time featured average looking people. The root of comedy is relateability and the mainstream populace can't really relate to the impossibly beautiful (see: The Big Bang Theory). In fact, a scripted TS show that exploited sex appeal would probably reinforce the idea that all TS's care about is sex, which obviously would not bode well for our efforts to convince people that we're no different than they are.

... unless the show was on Logo or something, and then all bets (and clothes) are off.

~BB~

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    That's true, and a real shame. If you've ever noticed, every time a TGurl or CD is seen in movies or TV shows, they are always portrayed as a joke, or for shock effect. They are never shown as normal serious charactors. But that is how our society thinks. Too bad. A TGurl star of a series could bring about a lot of interesting stories both funny and serious.

At one time Gay men and lesbians were taboo in movies and TV, but they are mostly accepted these days on the screen. But a tranny or CD is still considered over the line to many prudes. But that could change too with time. I hope so.
    Indeed, i think about 6 months ago i saw a movie on tv about some guys in vegas partying with stripper party bus, only there were no GG's on it, but a manman with a wig, 250lbs and a creepy voice..

Last edited by Mayrah; 03-26-2011 at 03:33 AM.

The actors in Little Britain were not attractive at all.