Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I had a powerful dream

Who knew that Cleveland would become the nexus of the liberal spiritual renaissance?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Default Re: I had a powerful dream

Quote Originally Posted by BigDF View Post
    I've heard it said that the truest measure of an intelligent man is the extent to which he agrees with you. In my mind, sir, you are brilliant!
    Thanks. The Bible passage that is at the root of my philosophy says; "For man cannot live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God". I emphasized the word 'every'. That becomes key to bringing up the question of; "What is the word of God?" If 'God is Love', and humans act out of love, then those actions could be defined as a continual expression of God. A scripture which seemingly confirms this, says something like, "The word of God is written in our hearts".

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Who knew that Cleveland would become the nexus of the liberal spiritual renaissance?
    I come out from a philosophy, which has been called, "New Thought Christianity". Key people from this movement would be Ernest Holmes, who founded the Religious Science movement, in the 30's in California, Charles Filmore, who founded the Unity movement. So Religious Science, which is also sometimes called by Holmes major book, "The Science of Mind" comes from the West Coast. Holmes also studied other major religions, to help form his philosphy. I likewise, recognize different religions as thier own paths. However, I do consider myself a Christian, as does the general movement.

Last edited by yodajazz; 01-07-2011 at 03:41 PM.